cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First landing state park

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about September, stay there or look at commercial park , Filth wheel 34 feet

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
5 REPLIES 5

kevden
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there last week. Most of the sites on the north end section (1 thru 32) are large. Several 50โ€™ sites with power and water.
[img] Click For Full-Size Image[/img]
2012 Keystone Outback 312bh

2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4X4 Quadrasteer

2010 VW Routan
2007 Chrysler Pacifica AWD

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
My vote is for 1st Landing it is one of my favorite places.
there are a few sites that will accommodate your rig.
Close to the action but not in the action.
Lots to do within the park, you don't have to leave.
But if you choose to leave the strip area is close.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
In March 2008 we stayed a week at First Landing. We were on Site G10. Our trailer (then) was 31 feet long, pulled with a Chevy Dually Long Bed Diesel. Our site had plenty of space, water and electric, but no sewer, ... thus the Barker Blue Tote.

Apart from 100 percent sand, it was a great camp site. My daughter was in the Navy stationed at Norfolk, assigned to the USS Eisenhower. We were there originally for her wedding, which did not happen. But it was a good week anyway.

In 1986 we camped at Fort Story, when I was in the Army stationed at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. My wife and I rented a pop-up from the camp AAFES and stayed there. First Landing is next door to the military base, so it was quite interesting in 2008 to hear the early morning PT (Physical Training) cadences echoing through the air. It made me realize how much I DID NOT miss the Army!

The first I was ever at Fort Story was 1971. My sister and her brand new husband were stationed at Fort Lee, Virginia. A college friend of my sister drove us to visit them. I stayed for a couple weeks with them, and her friend drove back to Indiana. I eventually flew back to Indiana. Meanwhile, because they were military, we were able to go to the post (military public -- private) beach on post. It was a fantastic experience for a 16 year old. So, I have 3 different encounters with the area over my life time. Each one was fabulous!

dmck413
Explorer
Explorer
The sites will be tight with your rig. We have stayed there 2 times with our 38 foot and decided it is to small with low trees. It is a great place if you can get a good site.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
I would choose it over the KOA which is not Beachfront.
When in September? I havent lived there in about 8 years but the first week of September had become "greek week" with a couple of local Universities making a last run at Va Beach celebrations, I would not go there until after the 15th.

If you just need to stay in the general area, Newport News Park is less than an hour west, and is a wonderful park and after Labor Day access is easy,
or
Go on down an hour and a half farther south to Nags Head NC.