cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heading to Maine from Florida

gradygal
Explorer
Explorer
Every summer for the past 7, we have headed to Maine from Florida. Instead of stopping off in MA to visit relatives, this year we plan to head directly to Maine.

We need to find a campground somewhere around Matamoras/Milford PA, Last year we stayed at Tri-State RV Park and it was horrible. Like sleeping on I 84 with all the truck noise.

Has anyone stayed at RiverBeach Campsites in Milford? I checked RV Park reviews and the ratings were not great.

We have stayed at Promised Land State Park in the past. Kind of far off 84.

Am I missing anything?

I was also looking near Sturbridge but Yogi Bear was too expensive for a one night stay.

Thanks
Judi
3 REPLIES 3

gradygal
Explorer
Explorer
CloudDriver wrote:
We did an overnight at Wells State Park at the junction of I84 and I90 in MA on the way to Maine a few years back. No hookups and no long sites there, but a quiet place.
That is a possibility although they don't have a dump any longer according to their website. We are 31' with a tow. I will call them when they open to see if they have a site that we will fit in--preferably a pull through. Thanks

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps Dingman's campground (privately run) in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area?

I know nothing in particular about the campground, and their web site is rather broken. What little I can glean online does look somewhat promising.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
We did an overnight at Wells State Park at the junction of I84 and I90 in MA on the way to Maine a few years back. No hookups and no long sites there, but a quiet place.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚