cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grand Design Imagine

mr61impala
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody familiar with Grand Design "Imagine" travel trailers? We looked at some today and they appear to be a notch above many typical trailers as regards to build quality and standard features.

Any guess as to what discount from MSRP would be considered appropriate? MSRP on one in particular was $33,000 and dealer said around $25,000 would buy it.

We have not owned a trailer for several years and are completely unfamiliar with this brand.
Shopping for Travel Trailer
6 REPLIES 6

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I like what I've seen of them but don't own one
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Imagine 2650 (discontinued.) Didn't plan on upgrading our old TT but we liked the floorplan & I'd buy another GD in a heartbeat. Yes, they're claim to fame is unmatched customer service. There are Facebook pages for Grand Design Owners & Grand Design Imagine owners. You need to register for them but they're good for seeing how owners feel about them.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
mr61impala wrote:
Anybody familiar with Grand Design "Imagine" travel trailers? We looked at some today and they appear to be a notch above many typical trailers as regards to build quality and standard features.

Any guess as to what discount from MSRP would be considered appropriate? MSRP on one in particular was $33,000 and dealer said around $25,000 would buy it.

We have not owned a trailer for several years and are completely unfamiliar with this brand.
Sounds like he's giving you around 24% off MSRP. I'd go at least 30% off MSRP which would be 23100. Just tell the salesman that your a customer at 23100, and be ready to leave. Doesn't mean you can't come back, but they don't want to see your tail end going out the door. Are there other GD design dealers nearby?

I just bought a Grand Design fifth wheel and got 30% off MSRP, plus half the cost of a front bedroom AC unit. It's an awesome trailer with it's own forum - search for Grand Design Owners forum. Good Luck!
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

MikeJulieGDImag
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2017 2800BH and we love it. When we decided on it, it was the first one in the 2 years we were looking that we both agreed upon. One thing they have going for them is they have a strong reputation for after the sale service from the manufacturer. The service department at the location we purchased ours told us they were the easiest and most responsive to work with. Obviously a positive if you have any issues after the sale that need to be addressed.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I've not owned one, but have looked at them repeatedly since they came out. I like many of their floor plans, and other manufacturers have started copying some of those, which must mean something. I don't think their construction practices are any better than the rest, but they have a history of taking care of issues when they arise. Though they are not at the top of my list, I would have no problem owning one. Their MSRP and final price appear to be in line with the rest too.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

IndyCamp
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Grand Design Reflection, and it is great. Quality is definitely a notch above our old Rockwood (which we also loved). We ordered a new unit and got right around 27% off MSRP.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
2014 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI