cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda eb3000c

OSCBRADLEY
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used the Honda eb3000c to run a 13500 btu a/c? it has 3000 watts starting and 2600 running. Not the eu3000 but the eb3000. Thanks!!
2016 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B
13 REPLIES 13

OSCBRADLEY
Explorer
Explorer
OK the micro air easy start is on order!!! I tried out the generator today and it did start the a/c but only once. I turned the a/c back off and then was never able to get the generator to start it again so it must have been to much for it. I hold out high hopes for the Micro Air!!!

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
OSCBRADLEY wrote:
What about this?

https://www.amazon.com/SPP6-Capacitor-Increase-Starting-Torque/dp/B0002YTLFE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

Don't waste your time or $$ with a Supco SPP6 hard start cap now that the Micro-Air Easy Start is available. BTW, I do have an SPP6 on my current Dometic A/C just as I have on all the previous A/Cs I've owned and while it's better than nothing there's no comparison to the Micro-Air.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
OSCBRADLEY wrote:
What about this?

https://www.amazon.com/SPP6-Capacitor-Increase-Starting-Torque/dp/B0002YTLFE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

That may help some...or it may do nothing, or next to nothing. The Micro Air will definitely work, and work well.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have this generator, and can you test it out?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

OSCBRADLEY
Explorer
Explorer

OSCBRADLEY
Explorer
Explorer
Whoa whoa whoa!!! I never heard of this micro air unit, thats a game changer!!! consider it on order!!!! THANK YOU for that info!!!!

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
As said about the micro air kit, some people are running their ac with a Honda 2000. For the same money you could buy a Honda 2000 and a micro air.

The eb 3000 will most likely run just your ac but you don't know until you try it. As I explained, my son's eb 3000 runs his air just fine but the problem was that he had his fridge on auto which selects 120 volts when it sees power. Along with that they were also running a few lights and the converter (charger) so it had to be pulling a couple amps. Adding that load and the electric heating element of the refrigerator and it's just enough to kill the generator when the compressor kicks in. The AC fan will start but as soon as the compressor kicks in it's too much.

Along with all of that, the hotter it is the higher the head pressure in the compressor as I understand it. No matter which generator you use you also lose power as you go up in elevation.

I or others usually won't tell you absolutely that something will work. There are different models and ages of ac units or a person could have other issues with the devices that they want to power.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
OSCBRADLEY wrote:
Sorry, I guess a little explanation is in order. I understand that its an open frame generator and louder than the EU3000 (65 decibels it says)but I neglected to say its not going to be used in a campground or on my RV, its going on the back of a semi truck that has a 13500 btu a/c on its roof and I'll only be running it at night at the truck stop (which is loud already) so I dont have to idle the truck all night. Thanks to all who responded, I guess it should work just fine. Prior to getting this one I had the Predator 3500 inverter generator and it worked great for a couple months then started shutting off due to "over voltage" so I returned it, got a new one and that one wouldnt even start!!! so thats when I decided to look at the Hondas and the eb3000c has dimentions that will fit perfectly where I need it to go but that does me no good if it cant run the a/c lol

Running a 13,500 BTU A/C shouldn't be an issue with this genset but starting it might be, especially when outside ambient temps are quite high. If so, the solution is to reduce the initial start up load demand placed on the genset by the A/C compressor by installing a Micro-Air Easy Start Soft Starter Kit on your A/C. This solution has been much discussed here on the forums and is one that is reported to work very well by those who have invested in one. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

OSCBRADLEY
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I guess a little explanation is in order. I understand that its an open frame generator and louder than the EU3000 (65 decibels it says)but I neglected to say its not going to be used in a campground or on my RV, its going on the back of a semi truck that has a 13500 btu a/c on its roof and I'll only be running it at night at the truck stop (which is loud already) so I dont have to idle the truck all night. Thanks to all who responded, I guess it should work just fine. Prior to getting this one I had the Predator 3500 inverter generator and it worked great for a couple months then started shutting off due to "over voltage" so I returned it, got a new one and that one wouldnt even start!!! so thats when I decided to look at the Hondas and the eb3000c has dimentions that will fit perfectly where I need it to go but that does me no good if it cant run the a/c lol

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
In reality you could buy 2 Champs for one Honda. I have one and admittedly it's Chinese but in almost 4 years, zero trouble. Some of the Honda's are made in China as well.

Actually, there is good quality Chinese and garbage Chinese, depending on the oversight the brand owners want to apply. The Champ and the Honda (as well as Makita) are all good Chinese.

I even give the Harbor Freight Inverters high marks.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
My son has one and it's very quiet and great on fuel. He used it for the first time last summer as he traveled from West Texas to the Grand canyon. It ran it ok at first but as he went up in elevation and temps it wouldn't start the AC.

The main problem was probably that he had the fridge on auto and had incandescent bulbs and the converter was on. The converter shouldn't have been pulling much after driving all day but the fridge was probably the worst part.

My eu3000si runs my ac and residential frig but it's hitting it hard at times. He's going on vacation again this year so we are still unsure about it but I'm betting it will run the AC if the fridge and converter are off.

It's not an eu but that Honda's noise level is nowhere near a cheap open frame model. He bought his used and cheap but if buying new I'd get the eu with low idle and electric start. Later you may even add remote start.

You could also get a champion that's very quite

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
No reason why it wouldn't run the AC, the EU models do. But why would you want an open frame construction unit? I had a 4500 watt Honda that worked well for 15 years, but it was only marginally quieter than a marching band competing against an airport runway.
My house is 2x6 framed and double sheathed, and we could still hear it. A trailer with 1 1/2 inch walls will hardly put a dent in the noise.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Not in a campground.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman