cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

KZ Connect Lite C201QB quality and service

Ian10965
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are seniors and are considering the purchase of a new KZ Connect Lite C201QB TT, and are looking for feedback about the quality and durability of this line of trailers. Our main reason for this choice is that it is 7.5 ft wide and one of the shortest trailers we can get with dual axles, a walk-around queen bed, and a sofa. I have seen a lot of serious complaints about this vendorโ€™s quality and warranty service, but they are mostly from the era of the โ€™08 market crash. I donโ€™t know how KZ has performed in recent years.
We had been seriously looking at a Jay Flight SLX 212QB. The Jay Flight (like most of the available products) is 8ft wide. We live in Atlantic Canada, and some of the secondary roads we use are narrow, twisted, and in poor shape. We are quite concerned about the prospect of towing an 8ft wide unit on these roads. It was dicey enough at times over the 9 years we towed our 7โ€™2โ€ wide Starcraft Popup. Ideally we could get a 7ft wide trailer, but about the only affordable candidate that is close is the Jay Feather 7 23RD which is two feet longer than our absolute max of 25โ€™ bumper to hitch. Our driveway is cramped, along with many of the wooded campsites that we use. Even a 25โ€™ long unit will be pushing these limits.
Also the C201QB is both narrower and more aerodynamic than the Jay Flight 212QB, which would cut down the wind resistance and fuel consumption.
4 REPLIES 4

pld33270
Explorer
Explorer
We have owned the 2018 C201QB since October 2017. We have taken it out on 4 trips and heading out this week on the 5th trip. I have not complains on the quality and workmanship. I would say it is above the average TT quality. The bed is the short queen, about 75" long, which I am fine with. My wife and I are 5" 7" or slightly less. The cabinet doors and draw fronts are maple or similar hard would stained dark. Can't really compare it against the Coachman since I have not seen it. We like this small TT for the two of us and the dogs. We have had a pop-up to a 5er. After a couple years out of the RV lifestyle, we re-entered with this TT which we could tow with our Canyon, and the floor plan works well for us.
Camp with my lovely wife, Rat Terriers and Jack Chi
2022 Rockwood Minilite 2205S
2015 GMC Canyon, crew cab, long bed
2 Honda EU 2000i
Andersen WDH

DickBlin
Explorer
Explorer
Hi we had a KZ 5th wheel interior doors fell off. Contracted KZ they had no info on make or model of 5th wheel. But trailer was branded a KZ

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Ian10965 wrote:
My wife and I are seniors and are considering the purchase of a new KZ Connect Lite C201QB TT, and are looking for feedback about the quality and durability of this line of trailers. Our main reason for this choice is that it is 7.5 ft wide and one of the shortest trailers we can get with dual axles, a walk-around queen bed, and a sofa.

Not true at all, my own Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS measures 22' 6" coupler to bumper. It's one of the most popular models in the FE lineup because it offers just about any amenity a couple could want in a relatively short, light weight trailer that's easy to tow and easy to park pretty well anywhere. Current models also feature an 80" full length queen bed, unlike that K-Z which I suspect has just a short queen.

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Ian10965 wrote:
Also the C201QB is both narrower and more aerodynamic than the Jay Flight 212QB, which would cut down the wind resistance and fuel consumption.

Sorry, your imagination is running away with you, you won't see any difference at all in fuel consumption.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380