cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Clock

POLORBR
Explorer
Explorer
Simple question. I am adding a small wall clock to the trailer. What is the best way to do this to keep it from bouncing off wall while traveling? Thanks for your ideas.
--Happy Travels--
Ralph & JoAnn
2013 Wildwood X-Lite 241QB
2003 F150 FX4 Super Cab Lariat 5.4L
28 REPLIES 28

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
We hang ours on a screw in the wall of the slide out with a patch of velcro several inches below the screw. I

I did the same thing and the clock stays put.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We stuck a push pin thumb tack in the wall and hung our last year. So far so good.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Ours came with a standard round clock. it goes onto a regular screw and is held in place with Velcro. I also installed an indoor/outdoor thermometer and it is hanging the same way.

This will be my clock when I retire!

Clock!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is on a command hook and swings when we travel. I also have used a large patch of Velcro for a smaller one.

If it were a big clock but fairly light weight, I would hang it from a nail and secure it with Velcro strips.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer
allen8106 wrote:
We use a Command Hook in the bedroom and set the clock on the bed wen traveling.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
POLORBR wrote:
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it!!

You need to retire, then you won't know what day it is never what time it is. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yep. We need one of those day clocks.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
We have had one on each of our last 3 RVs. We used a screw and a small toggle bolt. It never moved even after bouncing down a couple of dirt roads, I-59 in Alabama and I-84 in Pennsylvannia.

Same here, never fallen yet

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
POLORBR wrote:

You need to retire, then you won't know what day it is never what time it is. ๐Ÿ™‚

POLORBR
Explorer
Explorer
--Happy Travels--
Ralph & JoAnn
2013 Wildwood X-Lite 241QB
2003 F150 FX4 Super Cab Lariat 5.4L

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
dup.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought a mini LED clock would be a good idea so I ordered one off ebay. Mounted it in a small piece of thin plywood on top of the kitchen upper cabinet. Looks great, acts as a night light and won't ever move! ๐Ÿ™‚ Loses several minutes a month and needs resetting from time to time over the camping season. :M Oh well, I tried (sigh)...

Mounting method may depend on the actual clock, size/weight and location in your TT. Have a photo of front & back?

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Hang it while parked, stow it while traveling. We do the same with our wall art.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
RVhiker wrote:
I put a battery operated "atomic" clock on the wall. I change the AA batteries once a year, and it keeps perfect time all year long - it even changes automatically for daylight savings time.

This ^^^^.
We have had a Atomic clock on the wall of our trailer for the past several years. Mounted it with plastic screw anchors in wall to hang clock on and then small velcro piece on bottom to keep it steady. Has never come loose and easy to remove when replacing batteries once a year. It comes with outside sensor which I mount under my front window awning.

You can see it in the background of this picture taken this winter.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

RVhiker
Explorer
Explorer
I put a battery operated "atomic" clock on the wall. I change the AA batteries once a year, and it keeps perfect time all year long - it even changes automatically for daylight savings time.
There's lots of advice and information in forums...
sometimes it is correct.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab; Duramax/Allison; Pullrite 14k Superglide Hitch