cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DISH comes through for RV'ers!

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I just received an email from Dish that will make changing locals while traveling even easier than using the chat system:

You asked. We listened. Update your local channels now with the MyDISH App!

Whether youโ€™re traveling, tailgating, or RVing, as a DISH Outdoors customer, you can now update your local channels by visiting the DISH Outdoors page in the MyDISH App. Follow the instructions below to enjoy an even better experience!

Download the MyDISH app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Enter/Create your Online ID to log in to the app
Open the Services tab
Select Local Channels in the DISH Outdoors section
Click the Manage Locals button
Follow the step by step instructions on the screen
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate
16 REPLIES 16

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
ghiotom wrote:
It's nice having the Jacksonville, FL stations on CONUS, I can get them anywhere we travel, but I will keep abreast of the situation in case things change in the future.

I agree, we sometimes keep the JAX locals until we hit someplace we can't get the eastern arc sats due to trees, etc.
Dutch

ghiotom
Explorer
Explorer
It's nice having the Jacksonville, FL stations on CONUS, I can get them anywhere we travel, but I will keep abreast of the situation in case things change in the future.
2018 Sprinter/Thor Four Winds 24HL

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
steveh27 wrote:
Without a smartphone it does me no good. I am one who takes the home receiver and just call when I need to change locals. It has been working for me since 2000.

I'd like to see the option added to the web version of MyDish as well, but I don't know if that's in the works or not.
Dutch

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I've had mixed results so far with the upgraded app. I'm seeing a number of "Server unavailable" type messages when trying to log in. When I do get in though, it looks all is working ok, although I haven't actually made a locals change yet since we're staying put for awhile where we are. Note that the app does require at least Android version 5.
Dutch

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
Without a smartphone it does me no good. I am one who takes the home receiver and just call when I need to change locals. It has been working for me since 2000.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deleted - quoted wrong post.
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deleted.
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
jorbill2or wrote:
I have The "my Dish"
app and I just uploaded the latest update. I can log in and re authorize my receivers on the outdoor tab, but there is nowhere to update locals on the site. But then I never got the Email. perhaps they are Rolling it out a little at a time.

No. It appears to be a"buggy" DISH rollout.

According to a DISH rep I just talked to, the "Manage Locals" option was added on April 13th, and some of us received letters about it. If you didn't receive a letter, then you probably don't have the "Manage Locals" option enabled.

I tried calling the DISH Outdoors 800 number, but these folks just referred me to the main DISH number (888-615-3725). However, the DISH Outdoors SR said he thought that there might be a problem with existing DISH customers. Oh joy.

The SR at the main DISH number said that it's an "issue" and my feedback was sent to DISH's engineering staff.

So . . . if the "Manage Locals" options doesn't appear on your myDISH app, call DISH's main number and complain.

myDISH APP WITHOUT "MANAGE LOCALS"

myDISH APP WITh "MANAGE LOCALS"

2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
don't know about you guys but I think their equipment is so out dated it makes world war ll stuff look great. I have called them so many times to get good service my phone knows their number by heart. can't wait for my contract to run out.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
The app also has a nice scrollable channel list.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to listen to this one.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
What do you have to do to qualify as a Dish Outdoors customer?

Nothing. Download the new App and signup or Log in with existing account number.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have The "my Dish"
app and I just uploaded the latest update. I can log in and re authorize my receivers on the outdoor tab ( send a reactivation signal ) but there is nowhere to update locals on the site. But then I never got the Email. perhaps they are Rolling it out a little at a time.
Bill

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Having a Dishformyrv account does. Donโ€™t know about any other way. You do have to enter your receiver number when setting up the MyDISH app.