cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recent Windows 10 update changed settings

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
In the past, RV.net recognized me as soon as I went to the web site and would indicate which posts were new since I last signed on. I now have to log on before posting or replying and no colored indicators in the left column.

I think a recent Windows 10 update changed how my computer communicates with the internet/rv.net web site. Started maybe 6 weeks ago, not sure exactly when.

I've changed a few settings back and forth trying to get it operating as it use to. Verified rv.net setting for the indicator is turned on. I would assume it is a security setting.
Obviously, I'm not Windows 10 intelligent enough.

Anyone have any idea what switch in Windows needs changing to allow it to recognize me when I enter the website?

Thanks,
Joe & Evelyn
8 REPLIES 8

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve, That corrected the problem. I kept trying to change Windows setting and it was a Chrome setting. Thank You.

I've had so many issues with windows 10 I didn't look outside the proverbial "box".

Since I'm sure I didn't change that setting, it leaves the question, did the setting get changed in a chrome update or a windows update. I've heard Microsoft has been known to settle out of court for issue involving other companies SW. We will never know.

Thanks again.
Joe & Evelyn

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I've had no problems with any W10 updates.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
My Toshiba laptop did something strange after the latest update (about a week or so ago). The cursor would freeze, the touch pad stopped operating, the light on the bottom of the mouse would go out and a minute or so later the computer would shut off and had to be restarted using the on-off button. It only happened once, so I'm not too concerned. I still like Windows 10, though, and hope MS will get the bugs worked out.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
With the latest win 10 updates I have noticed some settings changed back to the default. Just takes time to reset everything back.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like your browser is clearing cookies every time you close it, which logs you out.

In Chrome go to Settings/Privacy and Security/Content Settings/Cookies. Make sure the switch for "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" is OFF.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
This might help - windows 10 password management
Kevin

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I've had similar results in the past, which is why I'm blaming Microsoft for this issue.

The December update blew away my printer driver, USB driver, and video card driver.

The printer just needed re-installation of the driver.

The USBs are still flakey, I just unplug and re-plug the device, gives me maybe 15 or 20 minutes before it fails again.

My video card was out until mid January. I ran on the built in video.
Nvidia then put out a new driver that corrected the failure.

I've thought about re-installing Windows 7. I had absolutely no problems with it. My wife didn't upgrade her computer and is very thankful she didn't.

I get more "Blue screens of dead" with Windows 10 than with the original Windows from 15 years ago. Yes, I know it won't do as much.

Of course, we all know it's caused by the hardware not the software.
Joe & Evelyn

trb46
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t know the answer to your question, but the recent update screwed up my printer settings...would not recognize either printer and I had to reinstall them.
2011 Four Winds 23A
Only 48 more states to visit!