cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5TH WHEEL SMARTPHONE LEVELER APP

GPG52_
Explorer
Explorer
QUESTION: can anyone recommend a smartphone Level APP that is designed for 5th wheels (tandem axle). I found a few but most are for travel trailers or motor home but could not find anything specific for 5th wheels.
(Hep... my old flip phone just died, had to get a SmartPhone. Last man standing)
GPG
GPG ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Ford F250, 6.2L, 4.30 Ratio, 6 speed
2014 Cougar (by Keystone) 327 RES
43 REPLIES 43

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
joebedford wrote:
I level with the slides in - I never operate the slides when the rig is not level.

Good call!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I level with the slides in - I never operate the slides when the rig is not level.

GPG52_
Explorer
Explorer
The LevelMatePro seems to be a popular choice by many who enjoy the convenience of a tech'y approach.
Must be a popular item, seems that retail supplies are low, Amazon are out of stock. GPG
GPG ๐Ÿ™‚
2014 Ford F250, 6.2L, 4.30 Ratio, 6 speed
2014 Cougar (by Keystone) 327 RES

mekkerl
Explorer
Explorer
sgfrye wrote:

Important thing to do when you originally setup is get your rv level with slides out if you have them. The unit "remembers" this leveling and compensates for it with slides in.

I still verify with a small bubble level inside TT, It's always been dead on accurate

Does the app really compensate for the slides being in and out?

My thinking is that you level completely with the slides out. Then, put the slides in, and set that measurement as your APP level.

If you make the APP LEVEL set with the slides out, then it will get you there while you are parking, etc...and then when you put the slides out, it will not be level anymore.

Then again, likely talking 1/4"'s here!
Luke & Carolyn
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4
2013 Sierra 3500HD Duramax CC SRW SB 4x4
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 2 Gooseneck Mount

Explorer II
Explorer II
GPG52! wrote:
QUESTION: can anyone recommend a smartphone Level APP
I use Swiss Army Knife app
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
Learjet wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Simply buy or borrow a Laser Level. Shoot the beam under the RV. Adjust RV so the bottom of the frame at the 4 corners are the same distance from the Laser line and frame bottom. Now glue two small HOPPY levels one for side to side and one for front to back near the leveling control center. Even with my auto 6 point leveling system I have the levels attached.

The LevelPro does more than that...I see people still don't understand what it is and what it does and how to use it. That's ok ๐Ÿ™‚

X2

I've been using LevelMatePRO for several months on my TT

The number one thing I like is that as I pull into site , I know before I get out of truck how off level I am to 1/4 inch increments so it takes guess work out of board and or Lego block height needed.

Important thing to do when you originally setup is get your rv level with slides out if you have them. The unit "remembers" this leveling and compensates for it with slides in.

I still verify with a small bubble level inside TT, It's always been dead on accurate

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fugetaboutit.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Level Mate looks like a great idea/gadget if you don't have the auto level feature.
If I did not have auto level I would get the Level Mate. It looks like it allows you to get the computerized calculating/thinking functions of the auto systems for a fraction of the cost of installing a true auto level system.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
tinner12002 wrote:
I am suppose to be able to raise and lower my front legs on my phone through my In-command setup, not sure why though, won't do the level-up. I still have to get out to unhook 5ver so buttons on control panel are just as easy to get to.
Yeah, our toyhauler came with a remote that runs the slides, legs, stabilizers, awning, etc., but it hangs on a hook 99 percent of the time. It's just as easy to use the actual buttons for most of the uses anyway.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I am suppose to be able to raise and lower my front legs on my phone through my In-command setup, not sure why though, won't do the level-up. I still have to get out to unhook 5ver so buttons on control panel are just as easy to get to.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
mekkerl wrote:
This is a system I've been debating on getting.
Gets very good reviews.
I do not have auto-leveling system in my 5'r.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FGGSWPW/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2OR6AQDOZ0N90

I love gadgets...may have to add this to my wish list.
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Learjet wrote:
yep...still not the full picture...has anyone watched the video on how it works and all that it does?
I watched 3 videos about it. We'll just have to agree to disagree about the LevelPro. You watch the phone app and when you have green you're level.

If you don't have a level visible from the cab then the LevelPro makes leveling a bit less of a chore. But my ball level visible from the cab of the truck does the same thing. I watch the ball and when it's centered I'm level. I use the yellow plastic blocks rather than the ramps, but the idea is the same. If the ball is 1/2 hash mark from level, then I need one yellow block to be level, 1 hash mark is 2 blocks, etc. Yes, I don't know if I'm 1/2" off level but honestly it doesn't really need to be that fine.

Yeah, it works and looks like it does what it says it does, but the whiz bang factor isn't really there for me. But diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

You failed to mention the remember hitch height feature ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
austinjenna wrote:
Same here - I just look at my level and can tell what board on what side
To get it back to hitch height - I glued a small level on a magnet that I slap on the frame where the propane tank is. Before I unhitch I just grab it and center it - then unhook. When hitching back up I just raise the legs until it shows level and I am at the same height I unhitched at.

I never thought that leveling was that big of a chore myself.

Great idea. To hitch up, I just back up until I'm close to the pin then get out and raise until it "looks right". That would save one "get out and look" cycle in hooking up again.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
But my ball level visible from the cab of the truck does the same thing. I watch the ball and when it's centered I'm level. I use the yellow plastic blocks rather than the ramps, but the idea is the same. If the ball is 1/2 hash mark from level, then I need one yellow block to be level, 1 hash mark is 2 blocks, etc. Yes, I don't know if I'm 1/2" off level but honestly it doesn't really need to be that fine

Same here - I just look at my level and can tell what board on what side
To get it back to hitch height - I glued a small level on a magnet that I slap on the frame where the propane tank is. Before I unhitch I just grab it and center it - then unhook. When hitching back up I just raise the legs until it shows level and I am at the same height I unhitched at.

I never thought that leveling was that big of a chore myself.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K