cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, macerator question

RTBill
Explorer
Explorer
On our way to Florida, here in Tennessee with a toliet issue. Macerator (dometic) isn’t working in our 2016 Bounder. The light is green, but the water won’t exit the toilet. The fuses are all good, but the macerator won’t engage, or will only come on for a few seconds. Anyone with a answer or / thought, it would be greatly appreciated. THe black tank is only 1/3 full...... thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
^^^^^ What chuckftboy said...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I think your Bounder has the Sea Land vacuum system not a macerator. It doesn't grind just moves the waste with vacuum which means when you use a lot of paper, use a lot of water. When you plunge, just one down stroke works best as up and down may damage the flapper that seals the vacuum in the waste line.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

RTBill
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help / ideas to everyone, after going through everything electrical and mechanical went to the basics. Borrowed a plunger from the campground owner and in 30 seconds it works again. Obviously looked harder than I needed to and feeling a little embarrassed,thanks again to everyone who responded. Adding a plunger to the checklist.... RTBill

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
You have an attic?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
That's why mine is in a bag in the attic!

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
That toilet is easily unbolted from the floor and then disconnect the water line. As you look at the back of the toilet, there is a large white assembly with hoses attached. That unit is the actual macerator. Don't attempt to open it up.....don't ask how I know.

The white assembly is removable. Disconnect the hoses and unplug the electrical. Take the unit outside and flush it via the openings. Once you think it's clear/clean, then you can disassemble the white unit to see if it's jammed.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Can you hear anything click near the back? I think mine has a relay there.

The toilet should unmount easily to get to the back for inspection.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

RTBill
Explorer
Explorer
Day 2 of first time out since October, no problem day one, just emptied black tank with no issues. Seems mechanical / electrical type problem, never an issue to date.... put glove on, and reached down the exit seems like valve below the toilet isn’t open

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
They do get clogged up.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman