cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking for a old product

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
there used to be a product, you wiped on a rv to make it shine ,THINK it was called red max pro. but not sure .also think it was a floor polish of some sort. question is, is it still available.
10 REPLIES 10

SEMO_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I use Polyglow on the front and back caps which are fiberglasss. It works great. They have a stripper if you need to get it off. You can google it.

zigzagrv
Explorer
Explorer
I put RMP/ZEP on my mh about 6 years ago. Where it is stored in my yard, the sun gets the passenger side pretty good. Last year I stripped the passenger side and re-applied ZEP. The drivers side looks as good as when I first applied it. I just clean and put another coat on every other year. Sun is the enemy of it. Other than that, it looks great!

Don't think it's any worse than prepping and waxing.

Ron

2003 Gulf Stream Ultra Supreme 33'
F53 Class A
2013 Ford Edge toad

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
We used it on our fiver. A lot of work to clean the whole thing with BarKeepers Friend and apply Red Max. Looked really great for two or three years then started to check from the sun. Removal is a real PIA. Did not try reapplying.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
thanks for the info, got a project to work on next winter.

If you use Zep, wear rubber gloves.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
thanks for the info, got a project to work on next winter.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the Zep/Red Max Pro Process.
Red Max Pro is no longer available. Use Zep #3, it's available Lowes, Home Depot and other big box stores. Also Amazon.
The prep is the difficult part of the job. But, you need to do the prep for any wax or polish you apply.
Follow the prep instructions and then use your choice of wax.

It does a great job on older fiberglass rigs and lasts for years. I use it on our 96 Southwind with no problems.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
...might last for a couple of years, them its a pain to strip and reapply...

I've only seen one RV that I was able to confirm was "floor waxed", an older Holiday Rambler Class A. And WOW! Finish looked aircraft quality, and I thought it'd been painted and/or stored inside. Nope, Zep. He claimed he applies light touchup coats and hasn't had to strip. I remain skeptical.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Goes by another name now. Zep. It has zero UV protection. Requires lots of prep work to get the surface ready. Apply it, might last for a couple of years, them its a pain to strip and reapply.

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
ZEP "Wet Look" floor polish is what peeps use now.
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
check with lowes or home depot they used to sell it. Yes was a floor product.

Thought I had a link but guess not, anyhow there is a fiberglass site or a boat site that tells how to use and the problems it may cause. Best thing is to look at the boat sites for fiberglass maintenance. I bought but never used, need to also get 'barkeepers friend' cleaner and white scotts pads to prep the rig with.