cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looked into Refinance of RV and disappointed

dehaile
Explorer
Explorer
Well after reading horrible reviews of "Bad Sam, Bessex credit and or Bank of the Best ) swap the (B) for the real name... 🙂 I still tried using their service. I was originally drawn to their website by their advertised low interest rates. My current rate is 6.5 and they were advertising high 4's. I was approved for a good rate on the loan but for almost $20k less than what I currently owe on the RV. I looked up the loan value of my trailer and I owe much less than the loan value. I sent an email inquiring on why the loan amount offered was so low and after 5 days I never received a response. I called the bank and started talking with someone and asked them how they determined the loan value of my trailer. I was told that their underwriters come up with the numbers and that it is not up for negotiating. I told the person that there must be some sort of mistake as NADA shows a much different amount. I asked if they could see if they made a mistake in the value and was told "we don't make mistakes!!" Wow! This was the rudest person I have ever spoken with in my life.

Does anyone know of a national bank (non local credit union) that has a good reputation for refinancing RVs with good rates?
11 REPLIES 11

dedmiston
I see that someone from Good Sam has reached out to the OP. Let's close this thread, at least for now, and see how it's resolved.

OP - Send me a private message if you would like me to reopen the discussion later on.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
time2roll wrote:
I would start making 2x or 3x payments and be done with it.

And split those into bi-weekly or weekly payments, to chop the sharp corners off the graph of your interest payments.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would start making 2x or 3x payments and be done with it.

Robyn_Barnes
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Dehaile,
I apologize for the trouble you had on your refi request. For RV, the collateral value is established using NADA wholesale value (without adds) including mileage adjustment (+/-); multiplied by 110%. I'd be happy to address your concerns about the value of your RV with our partner to ensure it was calculated accurately. Please send me a PM with your contact information at your convenience.

Sincerely,
Robyn Barnes
Robyn Barnes
Sr. Marketing Director
Good Sam Enterprises
robyn.barnes@goodsam.com

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Twenty thousand less than you owe on the RV?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
When one is looking into refinancing an RV Loan then maybe it is time to sell that RV before another mistake is made.

Ditto! A refi probably doesn't make sense. If you believe you can sell it for a decent price, you might be better off buying new. You can probably get a rate in the 4's.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
When one is looking into refinancing an RV Loan then maybe it is time to sell that RV before another mistake is made.

Good point.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's the problem with financing an RV. The NADA numbers are not based on real sales prices and the loan companies are not going to finance based on NADA.

You might try doing a home equity loan if you must (I personally don't finance against my home in any way) or stick with what you've got since it was "good enough" for you when you took it out.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
A 6.5% rate on a RV is, frankly, not a bad rate. RV loans typically will be 3 to 4 points higher higher than a non-subsidized automobile loan given the same borrower.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
Do you own a home?
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus