cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-Site Oil Change - Yuma

greg121
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody used or heard of Mobile RV Maintenance also called Onsite RV Oil Change for oil/lube of diesel pushers in the Yuma/Indio area? Web site is https://www.mobilervmaintenance.com/

My searches haven't turned up much so if you have used or heard I'd appreciate knowing more.

And/or, I'd appreciate knowing which shops would be good for an oil/lube job in Yuma.

Greg
8 REPLIES 8

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
More than likely the suck the oil out thru the top rather than the traditional "pull the plug" method. Mine uses 42 qts of oil so they aren't going to put that big a pan under the rig. I use that method when changing the oil in my Mercedes because of having to remove all the underbody parts to get to the oil pan, but I'd never consider doing so with the coach. I like to make sure the oil being removed doesn't contain tell tale signs of excessive wear and tear. Just sayin... Ask how they do it before commitment....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2, check with park management. Usually oil changes aren't rocket science. I think so long as they are clean and quick the park management won't care... Unless it's more or less a ritzy snobby park.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would verify with park management that they are OK them doing the work on-site.

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
They have 3 reviews on RVServiceReviews and they sound pretty good.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Don't let them change the transmission fluid. See the attached link, I don't know if it is the same outfit.

RV Service
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Livies_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
Mobile rv maintenance web site says A+ rating at the BBB. You might call the BBB yourself to check him out. At a truck stop near me I see Mobile oil change
guys there daily changing fluids on the big trucks.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I understand that engine oil should be hot for a good drain of old oil. If considering an on-site change and you agree, how will you get the temperature up?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,ve seen them for cars but not a rv ,