cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

necessities to take for pickup

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I am purchasing a new to me Class A and will be picking it up at dealer later in the month. What do I need to carry to stay in it for a couple of days that will go in a single checked airline bag?

Dealer plans for me to stay on their lot for a couple of days as I learn to work it and take a driving course. I have driven to look at it, but as I don't have anything that can be towed at this point, I will be flying into town and renting a car for a couple of days. I will get a basic starter kit from dealer but will be carrying some bedding in my luggage, and will be able to pickup some things at nearby Target or Home Depot. I have all the stuff from my previous TT (dishes, pots, pans, linens, etc) at home, and will be putting in the MH once I get home. I will buy new pillows when I get there, but need suggestions on what I should carry with me. I don't want to buy all new stuff until I figure out what I really want/need and what I will be using from previous. I will be using MH part time for the next year, and then plan to full-time after, so multiple opportunities to change out things during the next year.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS
12 REPLIES 12

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
proof of insurance

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same thing last year. Start with the critical things. Eyeglasses, medications, cash, phone(with charger),maps and credit cards. You can double or triple up on the clothes you wear so you have more space in your carry on. Make sure the dealer puts some water in the holding tank so you can use the toilet. Anything else you forget can be bought cheaply locally from Wally world.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

NCC-1701
Explorer
Explorer
I would add a bath towel and some body wash. If you're staying a couple of days in the lot and then driving home, you may want to clean up in the unit's shower at some point.
"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The paperwork for your Emergency Road Service, like CoachNet or Good Sams. anything else that you need you can pick up at a Walmart on your way home.

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Noise canceling headphones and eye shade for the plane and staying in the dealers lot.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
i have done it twice and a credit card along with a quick trip to walmart is about it.
don't over think it just bare necessities for a couple of days plus anything you buy you can keep in the motorhome.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Worry avoidance cream.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Toilet paper!

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 you don,t need much. your cloths and a couple bucks, we bought four rv,s out of state, wife and I learned to travel light , and overnight at cracker barrel.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
classic 31 wrote:
Tooth brush saving cream and clean underwear

2X

Cash or credit card so you can eat out while there, and maybe buy some new sheets for the bed, or a new sleeping bag. Pick up a box of microwave pop-corn so you test out the microwave, paper plates and cups, and a can of Pork-n-Beans you can heat on the stove. No need for a pan, just pop the top, or buy a new can opener, and set the can right on the stove (like us guys use to do in our bachelor days). Pick up a package of toilet paper while there. All of these things will be used in the camper anyway. It's not money miss spent.

Its a good opportunity to buy some new stuff too, but only what you immediately need to test out the camper and to get home.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Whatever stuff you need for yourself and a CC.. 🙂
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

classic_31
Explorer
Explorer
Tooth brush saving cream and clean underwear