cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Samsung Tablet Users..

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever we are on the road, my wife uses her Samsung Tab 4 10.1 for everything from email to playing games.. PROBLEM.. After two years of use, the battery life is decreasing rapidly now after each charge.. Battery is worn out! Has anyone replaced the battery in their Samsung Tab using one available from eBay? Is it worth it? Recommendations for battery seller? I dread the thought of buying her a new tablet and having to set it up / install apps / copy information from old tablet...
18 REPLIES 18

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad the transfer went well for those of you who bought new tablets. I upgraded from an S4 to an S8. I tried to do it myself but had problems.Called my computer guy and not everything got transferred over.They make it sound easy but it wasn't for me.

ericosmith
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my TabA battery with one from Amazon and it took less than 5 minutes. New battery lasts far longer than the OEM did when the tablet is new. Samsung has upgraded to Android 7.1 over the years so it's about as current as most new tablets.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
just checked, Wasabi Power batteries are the ones I had good luck with. the invoice shows Pomona, CA as the location of blue nook who supplied them. they seem to have a good rep according to a photography web site I use.
bumpy

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
Do You have a Batteries + store! Check with them? Some computer repair places can install batteries!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
wnjj wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
$20 at amazon for replacement battery.
bumpy

Buyer beware on those. The only rechargeable battery I bought on Amazon was for a Fisher Price power wheels quad. It lasted less than a year. Iโ€™d guess most battery sellers on there are selling reject or old expired batteries, especially if the price is low.

Odds are if the battery is shot, the whole tablet could stand an upgrade.

I have lots of camera batteries that I ordered from AMAZON and they work just fine. I would bet that most of these batteries come off just a few lines in China.
bumpy

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Buy another Samsung Tablet (we just picked up a 10" TAB E for $179) and then use the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile app to move everything from one to another in less than 30 minutes. I just did that after switching from Verizon to T-Mobile (another story about HUGE savings) and getting new Samsung S9's to replace our S6's. Everything on the old phones are now on the new ones and it was completely painless.

This. Load Samsung Smart Switch on both tablets. Connect the two tablets via hard line. It won't take long to transfer. You will probably need to reenter passwords to various apps.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Buy another Samsung Tablet (we just picked up a 10" TAB E for $179) and then use the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile app to move everything from one to another in less than 30 minutes. I just did that after switching from Verizon to T-Mobile (another story about HUGE savings) and getting new Samsung S9's to replace our S6's. Everything on the old phones are now on the new ones and it was completely painless.

No need to use the Samsung app. Verizon and Google accounts will back up everything and transfer it.

You will have to download the apps she wants to use from the Google Play store, but you won't have to pay for them again. Chances are there are some she doesn't use much and won't bother with. Good way to clean up clutter on the tablet.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
Not worth it. Replace it.

SInce it's using her Google account. Perform a backup. Then when she logs into her Google account on the new device everything will automatically be restored.

I recommend the Galaxy Tab S3.

This. Not necessarily the tablet recommendation---check around. Do get an up to date version. Costco has a sale on some Samsung tablets right now.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
A Tab 4 seems to sell for $210. Iโ€™d buy a new one. Why isnโ€™t the user...wife...doing this research? The โ€œdreadโ€ should be the userโ€™s issue. Hmmm

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-SM-T337A-Wi-Fi-Tablet/dp/B00SFXUQN0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1523837193&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung+galaxy+tab+4+gsm&dpID=41AgWiKvBNL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Should you decide to buy a new tablet as I did,you can have everything DONE at Best BUY. I bought the DW hers at Costco and went to BB and had their Samsung tech do stuff I couldn't do. Told the tech webought at Costco. No problem.

I bought a new 4 hour batt for my netbook on eBay. It has lasted a few years longer than the OEM battery.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
DD716TED wrote:
Whenever we are on the road, my wife uses her Samsung Tab 4 10.1 for everything from email to playing games.. PROBLEM.. After two years of use, the battery life is decreasing rapidly now after each charge.. Battery is worn out! Has anyone replaced the battery in their Samsung Tab using one available from eBay? Is it worth it? Recommendations for battery seller? I dread the thought of buying her a new tablet and having to set it up / install apps / copy information from old tablet...

Donโ€™t know about the tablets, but my Samsung phone came with a double-ended USB cord that allows you to transfer everything directly over. Thereโ€™s also a Samsung app that backs up to a PC and restores to the new one. It included all pictures, contacts, favorites, etc. you may still have to tweak a setting or two.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bumpyroad wrote:
bumpy

Buyer beware on those. The only rechargeable battery I bought on Amazon was for a Fisher Price power wheels quad. It lasted less than a year. Iโ€™d guess most battery sellers on there are selling reject or old expired batteries, especially if the price is low.

Odds are if the battery is shot, the whole tablet could stand an upgrade.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bumpy