cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electric flush toilet suggestion to replace obsolete Dometic

RAINEYTXX
Explorer
Explorer
Our Domtic/Sealand electric toilet had failed. Parts are obsolete so will need another toilet. My wife wants to stay with an electric flush toilet, go figure. I don't care but I better get the electric toilet or else, LOL. Does anyone have a reliable replacement that they could recommend to us as we will be in search of a new toilet in the next 2 days.

Can anyone tell me about toilet mounting? Is an RV toilet simply a bolt on device or do different toilets have different mounting styles and hole sizes? If we found a toilet I was wondering if there was a different type of fitting for different types of toilets to be able to be fitted to the existing Plumbing.

Look forward to what you have to recommend

Thank you very much
2012 DRV Mobile Suites Atlanta 43'
2012 F-450
2016 Audi Q5
2011 Audi A8L
2004 Audi A4 6 speed sport package
8 REPLIES 8

RAINEYTXX
Explorer
Explorer
jorbill2or wrote:
Thetford 19766 is an electric flush ( push button non macerator) that was recommended to me and I almost bought and installed before I was able to repair my out of manufacture sealand magnum opus electric flush. The bad news is it’s not cheap ( 700$) and non of the electrics are , but if momma ain’t happy ...
Simple bolt down , connect water line and 12 volt power. If you have a electric flush now it’s easy .. easier than repairing it.

That's exactly what do am looking for! I looked online at the 4410 line up of non-macerator electric flush toilets and thought about them. I like the Thetford you mentioned as the switch and toilet are as one and don't have to wire and install a remote switch to operate the toilet going under tile and behind walls
2012 F-450
2016 Audi Q5
2011 Audi A8L

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
dometic may not be making new parts anymore that does not mean that dealers are not still stocking parts for them try here as one of many that still have parts for them. Dometic, Sealand & Thetford Toilet Repair Parts

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thetford 19766 is an electric flush ( push button non macerator) that was recommended to me and I almost bought and installed before I was able to repair my out of manufacture sealand magnum opus electric flush. The bad news is it’s not cheap ( 700$) and non of the electrics are , but if momma ain’t happy ...
Simple bolt down , connect water line and 12 volt power. If you have a electric flush now it’s easy .. easier than repairing it.
Bill

RAINEYTXX
Explorer
Explorer
rvsatek wrote:
Whoever told you parts are not available is lying or misinformed. Toilet bolts are the same or there are adapter kits.

Lol Dometic were the ones who told me. No parts available/out of production
2012 F-450
2016 Audi Q5
2011 Audi A8L

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Which electric are you talking about? Is it the recirculating model?
-- Chris Bryant

rvsatek
Explorer
Explorer
Whoever told you parts are not available is lying or misinformed. Toilet bolts are the same or there are adapter kits.
Larry
1994 Ford F250/7.5L/410 gears
2001 Keystone Sprinter 276RLS 14' slide

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Headhunter toilets. Electric and reliable.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Never had an "electric" toilet....just the conventional ones. Moving from one brand to another, the "plumbing" is all the same, however, there may be an adaptor plate...different bolt hole diameters and such. No big deal there.....

But g'luck with your search.