cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Black Vent Covers

AtvGal
Explorer
Explorer
I need your input on black vent covers. My husband bought black covers to put our the vents on our new trailer. We normally put the clear white ones on. My concern is the black will restrict light coming into the bathrooms and bedroom and also conduct more heat. For the ones who have black, what's your thoughts on my concerns. Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
LOL! I think you must have a very good marrage if that's all you disagree about :). I wouldn't care either way. We've got lights.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have smoke ones and would not have white. Too much light let in during the night especially if you end up parked by an outdoor light. During the day the smoke ones let in plenty of light. Have never had "black". Ours look black from the outside.

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Halmfamily wrote:
We have black ones on ours and it cuts out 90% of the light. I haven't noticed and additional heat gain compared to the white ones.

x2

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We have black ones on ours and it cuts out 90% of the light. I haven't noticed and additional heat gain compared to the white ones.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Black and dark smoke match my other stuff.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

sbpierce
Explorer
Explorer
The smoke colored vents let in a lot more light and look black from the street.

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
I put a black vent cover on the vent over the bed in the TC before we went to Alaska. It blocked out almost all the light. Made it easier for sleeping. Over the bathroom vent I kept a white one. Didn't need to turn on the light in the middle of the night!
This is a black one. There are also smoke coloured ones, that don't block as much light.
As was said simply place over the vent to see how much light it does block.
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
They will restrict more than clear but not as big a difference as you might think.
Suggest you just set it over the hole before actually installing it to see how it works for you.