Did you mean: 

Rainbow Falls, Sedalia CO. April 18th

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Rainbow Falls Road
Sedalia, Colorado
GPS: 39.15634, -105.11411

Because the Nashville Predators will be playing hockey in Denver, my DD wants me to change my travel plans.

Is it open reads that this site is open year round. Can I get in there with a 30 foot 5er next week? Or will there be snow?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
4 REPLIES 4

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the input, we have made reservations at a FHU campground.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
JAC1982 wrote:

Go Avs Go! We have our tickets for Monday and Wednesday 🙂

DD and SIL will be wearing Gold Wednesday

Travel Photos

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Rainbow Falls is a popular area for OHV folks but it shouldn't be too bad during the week. Weekends get very crowded/loud/rowdy. I think you'll be fine, snow-wise.

Go Avs Go! We have our tickets for Monday and Wednesday 🙂
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

avoidcrowds
Explorer
Explorer
Well, since the coordinates you gave appear to be a parking area for, possibly, horse trail-rides, it is hard to say. From the elevation, CDOT cameras in Woodland Park (much closer than Sadalia), and the lack of significant snow this winter, if you come in from Woodland Park, you will likely be okay. I would not come from Sadalia, as those are gravel roads, and would have more chance of being soft.

Good luck! Don't worry about a hockey game, just camp and relax. Refreshments are pretty expensive at Pepsi Center (as with any sports venue).

Since Rainbow Falls is a business, the road is likely fine to get up to that pull-out. Is the route through Woodland Park longer? Yes. But, the roads are much better to that spot, than going from Sadalia and over the hills (gravel much of the way).
2017.5 Lance 1995
2017 F150 EcoBoost, Max Tow
Most camping off-road