cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propane gauge problems

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer
Today I went out to my rv to check the house batteries and discovered the propane gauge which is the Manchester G12846 shows nothing and the gauge in the rv shows empty. I lit the range and ran it for 3 min. the flame was burning fine the entire time. Is there a way to check the gauge? Can it be replaced easily? I am in Phoenix area.
3 REPLIES 3

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have two bottles? Run one dry, switch, fill the empty bottle. Propane is easy to find...inexpensive.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Ole_B
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing moves when I put a magnet on the plastic. I don't even see the needle. Thanks

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If the liquid level is extremely low, you will still have LP to run appliances. The way to check is to take a magnet and on the clear plastic front of the gauge/sending unit you run the magnet clockwise to make the needle move. IF the needle moves, get it back past 12 o clock to like 10 or 11 and remove the magnet. IF the needle drops to empty, your tank is empty. Doug