cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Doggie Waste Disposal Systems

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use any of the doggie waste disposal systems like the Doggie Dooley? If so, do you like it and does it work well? Our current dog kennel is 100 feet from our house and not near our neighbors, but at our new house it will be much closer as well as being right up against our house. Don't want to be known as the "stinky" neighbor! Any comments or thoughts appreciated!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]
14 REPLIES 14

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Why not pooper scooper and flush?

Septic system.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

Jframpey
Explorer
Explorer
Why not pooper scooper and flush?

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Unless your dogs would dig it up?

Jesse might-he can be a digger at times, but not all the time.

Not next to the well, obviously

LOL! No well-we will have town water. Wish I had town sewer, too, but that's almost unheard of in NH!

Douglas Adams

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Even in clay, you could dig a pit or trench, put each day's poo in it and cover it up with a bit of dirt. Unless your dogs would dig it up?

Not next to the well, obviously :B

Yay for seeking a greener solution!
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Tried a doggy Dooley for my shepherd, the heavy clay soil preventing any perking of the digested poo liquid. It was NOT fun to remove the unit.

Thank you for actually answering the question. Your comments made me read a little more thoroughly. This note is on their website: "This system comes fully assembled; just place in an area with good draining soil. It's ideal for most soil conditions except heavy clay." Our foundation hole has just been dug and we suspected there would be a lot of clay in the soil. That was confirmed last night when we went to check it out! Again, thanks for your help.

Douglas Adams

nikoregon
Explorer
Explorer
Tried a doggy Dooley for my shepherd, the heavy clay soil preventing any perking of the digested poo liquid. It was NOT fun to remove the unit.
Nick and Sue, Coupeville Wa
1988 Xplorer 228 Van Conversion
and Beau, it's all about the dog.

Toolguy5
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
I pick it up (or spread it around) about every week with the lawn mower.

Ditto!
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
1995brave wrote:
I use a pooper scooper and a stainless steel kitchen trash can with lid. Put a plastic bag in the trash can and have it and the pooper scooper next to the storage shed. Every day I would walk the yard and pick up the droppings and put it in the trash can. The night before trash day I would take out and tie up the garbage bag, put in a new one, and place the full one in the trash can for pick up.
This is exactly what I do. 2 big dogs plus 1 foster dog = lots of land mines if I don't stay on top of it.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We use 2 bags to pickup poop in our yard. One bag to pickup poop and then dispense it into second bag, tie the full bag and throw in trash.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I pick it up (or spread it around) about every week with the lawn mower.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Not to mention, now you have another item in your yard you have mow around and trim around.

Not a big deal.

What happens when the doggie septic tank get's full?

There are tablets you put in there to dissolve the waste.

I don't wish to see a trash barrel in my back yard every day. I also don't like the idea of adding any more trash to landfills-the bags don't dissolve for years if at all. Just looking for a more "green" solution.

Douglas Adams

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Every day after their morning bowel movement I just go out with a pooper scooper and a bucket and remove the waste. I put the waste in the same bag as confidential information I need to dispose of and into the trash. I don't want flies around the back yard because of the smell.

1995brave
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a pooper scooper and a stainless steel kitchen trash can with lid. Put a plastic bag in the trash can and have it and the pooper scooper next to the storage shed. Every day I would walk the yard and pick up the droppings and put it in the trash can. The night before trash day I would take out and tie up the garbage bag, put in a new one, and place the full one in the trash can for pick up.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I had to look up Doggie Doolie to see what it was. OH MY. If you're going to all the trouble to pick up the dog poo and put it a hole in the ground of some sort, why not just keep it bagged up and toss in the trash. Done!

Not to mention, now you have another item in your yard you have mow around and trim around. What happens when the doggie septic tank get's full?

Here's a better solution:

Better yet: