cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magnet to test or re-set something in RV

path1
Explorer
Explorer
I remember reading on here some time ago that a magnet is used to re-set or trouble shoot either suburban furnace or fridge (or something else in RV besides using magnet on trailer brakes). Hoping a magnet can re-set my furnace.

My problem is my Suburban furnace... is when I turn on t-stat mounted on the wall, I can here a little noise of a "clink" in furnace but the furnace doesn't start and can't here any spark or trying to fire off. This is not the wall t-stat noise. I have propane... stove works, fridge works that is right next to the furnace, so plenty of propane and batteries are fully charged and plugged into 110 volts . Model(take your pick) sf-20fq, sf-25fq, sf-30fq, sf35fq or sf-42fg I can't tell exact model yet because access to very limited.

Couple months ago I posted about the same furnace would start and would run for maybe 30 sec to a min and then quit. Finally got furnace to stay lit, At that time I thought spider webs were the problem. I blew out exhaust holes and ran a bottle of propane thru furnace thinking spiders would be cleaned out.

At that time responders to my post said most likely spiders or Hi Limit switch.

QuestionWhen and if a "hi limit switch" is bad can it make a "clink" noise?
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"
7 REPLIES 7

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:
Model(take your pick) sf-20fq, sf-25fq, sf-30fq, sf35fq or sf-42fg I can't tell exact model yet because access to very limited.QuestionWhen and if a "hi limit switch" is bad can it make a "clink" noise?
Here you go:Suburban Furnace Service Manual
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

badsix
Explorer
Explorer
for a magnet you can get a cattle magnet at most hardware stores were they have cattle in the area. good strong magnets
Jay D.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
DBL POST...
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
When t-stat contacts close then 1st thing that must happen is furnace fan comes ON
It runs for 30-90 seconds to purge combustion chamber and cause sail switch to close.....that then allows DC to flow to circuit board for spark and gas valve

FYI.High Limit Switch is ALWAYS closed unless a high temp causes trip

No Fan...NOTHING else can happen

Fan power is controlled either by:
Timed Delay Relay
OR
Blower Circuit On the circuit board

What Brand/Model/Year is your Furnace?

Good strong magnet is for resetting Norcold Recall Box 'reed switch' when tripped
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Relay on circuit board?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
are there batteries in the tstat?
Bill and Joey the dog

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
A magnet can be used to reset the red light on the Norcold recall kit refrigerator safety over temperature trip.