cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liquid from rear of Winnebago Journey MH w/CAT 330

WinstonBago
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Winnebago Journey DL with Cat 330, Basement AC. When parking the other day in which I had to perform several maneuvers, back and forth to get it in a tight spot I noticed a liquid on the floor of the storage building. It was coming from the left rear of the unit. It had no smell but did feel a little slick. Yes it was raining that day and I had driven about one hour to get to the storage location. I did look at the drain from the Basement AC and it was ok and on the other side. The coolant was good and I have replaced the recovery tank. I looked and did not see any leaking. When I saw this I remember that a few days earlier after a three day trip to Austin, when I pulled into the KOA I noticed liquid from the front of the unit, which I thought was AC condensation, so I looked at the front and did see a small amount of condensation on a AC line. Any thoughts on this one? Could it be from the air system? I ask because I was using the breaks a lot to get this into a tight spot?
2 REPLIES 2

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with SMLRanger...I think it was road water that had accumulated up under the chassis and leaked out as you were maneuvering. 'Sort of slick' would describe water from a road surface.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Owned the 2002 version of same coach for 8 years. Usual suspects in that area are engine coolant (hose, loose clamp, leaking radiator). Another possibility is hydraulic fluid from a leaking bedroom slide hose or ram. Obviously, should be easy to identify coolant or hydraulic fluid and you did not say it seemed to be either of those.

Since you were driving in rain water may have accumulated somewhere and just drained from under the coach. You said it was 'slippery' so that is curious.

I would just get on a creeper with a good flashlight and check everything over well.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA