cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is my thinking flawed on this subject??

I am looking to add a power distribution block to the back side of my wet bay for when I use the portable macerator..

The way I see it, I can just jump the red wire to the RED side post of the inverter where the cable comes from the battery.... AND the black to the black side...

Correct ?????? Am I missing something?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
10 REPLIES 10

Bumpyroad wrote:
fpresto wrote:
A small tractor battery would work fine. At times I have used my portable jump start unit to power the macerator.

instead of a tractor battery, I would suggest using a small jump starter jobby that I want to have along anyway. much handier than a liquid filled battery. that is what I used on my latest TT.
bumpy

That is what I decided on last night.... It could possibly serve 2 purposes...

Thanks for all the responses......
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
fpresto wrote:
A small tractor battery would work fine. At times I have used my portable jump start unit to power the macerator.

instead of a tractor battery, I would suggest using a small jump starter jobby that I want to have along anyway. much handier than a liquid filled battery. that is what I used on my latest TT.
bumpy

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

ScottG wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
Scott,
The macerator has an in-line fuse before the alligator clips..It also came with a separate inline fuse holder and fuse. I was going to put that between the inverter as a double back up?

Hard to describe what I'm thinking but if the clips are bare metal and side by side, I'm thinking the clips themselves would/could touch each other. Then the inline fuse would not come into play.

Make sense or is totally different than I imagine?

This is what I was gonna use... For the reason that they can be mounted at any distance apart..

It may just be easier to buy a small tractor battery for $30.00... The macerator will only be used 1-2 times a year....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
ford truck guy wrote:
Scott,
The macerator has an in-line fuse before the alligator clips..It also came with a separate inline fuse holder and fuse. I was going to put that between the inverter as a double back up?

Hard to describe what I'm thinking but if the clips are bare metal and side by side, I'm thinking the clips themselves would/could touch each other. Then the inline fuse would not come into play.

Make sense or is totally different than I imagine?

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
my gen set was adjacent to my wet bay so I just tied to the red/black? lugs that were out front and center.
bumpy

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
You want the fuse to be located close to where you connect the wire to the power source. The purpose of the fuse is to protect the wire.

Scott,
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I don't see why not but it seems like you could easily short the clamps together given the closeness. Since there's no way to fuse before the clamp, (other than the fuse for the inverter) you could have an awful short.

I put in a HD 12V receptacle for my Mac.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Be sure to use an appropriate sized fuse.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.