cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replace carpet with wood/laminate

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
We want to replace the carpet in the front area (two slides) with wood/laminate. Anybody have a ballpark price for materials and labor for such a job?

GM
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.
9 REPLIES 9

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
Allure makes 2 types; one that has a peel and stick edge and another that is a snap and lock type. I've read here that the snap and lock is the better way to go.

I went with the grip strip. Adhesive on all 4 sides. It seemed like it would be more stable.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Good thing about Allure and other brands is they're made of vinyl and can get wet. IMO this is a better choice than the wood laminates. The vinyl might be more temperature stable too. Allure makes 2 types; one that has a peel and stick edge and another that is a snap and lock type. I've read here that the snap and lock is the better way to go.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Man, moderator, that floor looks good!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grey Mountain wrote:
We want to replace the carpet in the front area (two slides) with wood/laminate. Anybody have a ballpark price for materials and labor for such a job?

GM

Ernie in Weatherford, TX is likely the best at this kind of work if you want a professional and he uses hardwood and not the cheap laminates. I would guess he would be in the $3000 range for a 40 foot coach but you should contact him for information and a reservation as he is usually booked out 9-12 months.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Mod. Checked out that link. You can close this one.

Thanks, all.

GM
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Here's another recent thread on this subject.
Jerry & Jeanne

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I did the front half of the Sahara with Allure from HoD. $300 of material and I had a half box let over. I also bought a roll of rosin paper. It took 3 days, 1 of those ripping up the old floor in the galley area.

The jury's still out on whether this is a good solution for a motor home. They don't recommend using Allure in a non-temperature controlled environment. The trick is to make sure it floats. Do not screw or nail anything through the vinyl into the subfloor. This floor has been through all 4 season in New England and it still looks great.
Jerry & Jeanne

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Without knowing the area size, exact material or even the area your located in, it's impossible to say.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Work by a pro or by you? Square feet? Quality desired? Is carpet easily removable? Subflooring type and condition?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad