cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2018 JAY FLIGHT-174bh

Canuck_in_NJ
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there, did some searching in the forum and couldn't find too much. Used to live out on the west coast of Canada (Vancouver) Owned a 35ft 5th wheel with a diesel. Now live in new jersey and have a mid size SUV.

Family is looking for a light weight trailer with bunks for the toddlers and a bed for the wife and I... Looking to avoid folding down the dining table for the wife and I.

have our eyes set on a 174BH | 2018 JAY FLIGHT SLX 7.

Seen mixed reviews online for craftsman ship...

Anyone have any comments on this trailer/make?

Thanks in advance.
2012 Dodge Ram 3500
2018 Jayco Octane 260
7 REPLIES 7

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Strongly consider the 184BS, the slide for the larger dinette makes a big difference. The Jayco and my trailer were the top two in build quality in that weight class IMHO with the Jayco maybe slightly better but with a significant price premium.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I have owned both the Jayco 154bh and 195rb in that series. I found the quality of construction to be better than previous Puma, and other Forest River products that I have owned. I loved the panoramic view from the dinette in the 154bh. I would not purchase either one as a full time unit with their low ceiling height. Both towed great and fuel mileage ranged from 12-14 mpg with my F-150.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I like the trailer you are considering. I also felt the quality was lacking behind the Coachman Clipper 17 BH. I had cash in hand for the Coachman then realized there was no oven.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Canuck_in_NJ wrote:
have our eyes set on a 174BH | 2018 JAY FLIGHT SLX 7.

Seen mixed reviews online for craftsman ship...

Anyone have any comments on this trailer/make?

My alternate suggestion would be the popular Coachmen Apex Nano 185BH ... still a single axle but greater CCC, 5" wider for more interior space, Azdel fiberglass sidewalls, and much better tank capacities. Worth a look IMO. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Kkru
Explorer
Explorer
Probably not much help but... we just went through looking at all the readily available smaller TT. The Jayco was too short for my husband to stand. We ended up choosing the Viking 17BH. Roof mounted A.C., shower with the surround. And the back door to the bunks to use as storage, also giving both kids a "window", plus my DH could stand fully. Kind of important.

Coming from a 10' box popup, we think we will be good for some time!
That being said we haven't brought it home.... just a few more days.

Also. We are just outside of Vancouver. ??

Hooe you find the right match soon!

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Plus no surround in the shower in the jayco... Try to find one with a surround..

Coachman viking/clippers have that..

http://www.coachmenrv.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=63&ModelID=300#Main

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vjmc9sj_p8
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Cargo carrying for these little trailers are small..

Yes those little single axle units are cheaply made IMO.. Not all though.. Some are better..

What SUV do you own. Maybe we can better help you..

And give us the payload rating on the sticker in the door if you can...

Look at a hard side camper in the smaller units..

Like this freedom express pilot if your truck has the capacity makes a nice unit. Not too heavy, fireplace, better build quality... etc..

All my opinion though...

PS. Im trying to move out of Jersey. Hope there is something good for you here other then high taxes and corruption...LOL

http://www.coachmenrv.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=531&ModelID=3828#Main
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh