cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Tow Vehicle

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes things just come together. After creating other threads regarding my concerns about whether payload, axle weight etc. would be sufficient with my 2015 Chevy 2500HD and the Salem Hemisphere 5th wheel I bought, I was given sound advise and put my mind at ease knowing that although I would be close to max on weights, I would be within specs. I would still have to be mindful of what I was putting in my camper and I couldn't put anything extra in my truck without going over payload max so I knew I would always have to be very careful. Then out of the blue, I get this advertisement flyer from a local Chrysler/Jeep/Ram dealer in the mail pushing leases on 2018 models. I don't know why because I own a Chevy truck and my wife owns a Ford Escape and neither of us have ever leased a vehicle. To make a long story short, I get this feeling like I should go see what they have on the lot. Turns out they had a leftover Brand new 2017 3500 Heavy Duty Big Horn Crew cab with the 6.4L Hemi. Man were they willing to make a deal. By the time I was done negotiating, I worked a deal where I'm going to be paying $90 less per month than I am now! Granted, it's a 2017 and it's not a diesel and has 3.73 gears rather than 4.10's and on and on and on, but all that's fine with me because I'm not going to be traveling all across the Country with it. They also took enough off the sticker to compensate for all of the depreciation a 2017 has. It also has a few more bells and whistles than what I did have (power fold away mirrors, power rear sliding window, heated seats and heated steering wheel). I also now have a rear GAWR of 7,000LB rather than 6,200LB and a Payload increase from 2,892LB to 3,900LB. Then as I was just about to sign, I said, throw in a Line-X spray in bed liner and it's a deal. They agreed and I went home a happy man! I can't wait to pick it up on Friday!
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.
10 REPLIES 10

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:
Nice Rob!! Congrats and enjoy. Perhaps we may pass someday as I'm in the Syracuse area.

Thanks! That's a real possibility Mike. We camp with another couple from Rochester (childhood friends) and go to Old Forge. If you have any good campgrounds around where you are that you think we might be interested in, PM me. We're always looking for new places to go.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Rob!! Congrats and enjoy. Perhaps we may pass someday as I'm in the Syracuse area.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'll have to wait to get my new 5th wheel before I can tow with it. By then, I'll be well over the mileage break in amount recommended by Ram. Here is a picture I took yesterday after the test drive.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Congrats on the new truck! You should have plenty of time to break it in before the new FW arrives. Good excuse to just go cruising.:)

Post a pic when you get it home.

Jerry

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congrats on the new hemi. I'm certain it will be a reliable rig.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new truck.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
A big congrats!
Would enjoy hearing how it tows.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congrats on the new 3500 Ram.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Both the Chevy was a purchase and the Ram is a purchase

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Is it a purchase or a lease? Was the Chevrolet a purchase or a lease?