cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little Guy trailers--any experiences?

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
I like the looks of the Little Guy Max. Seems like the floor plan would work OK for a single adult with one or 2 kids. I'm thinking it might be just right for me and a couple of grandkids.

Any input from those who have owned, known an owner, or been in the Little Guy Max?

I'm going to Huntsville to visit friends in a few weeks and will have time to go over to Bankston Motor Homes, my nearest dealer. They have some in stock according to their web site.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board
14 REPLIES 14

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
On our last month long trip, we had at least one full day of rain each week.

Even our 22 ft. TT seemed a bit tight for two adults and a big dog.

The awning was nice as we could sit outside and enjoy warmer weather. The dog preferred the a comfortable spot under the TT. 🙂
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I took a careful look at the Little Guy Max online -- good design, nice floorplan. Yes, it is expensive, but if you are looking for a high-end small trailer, this fills the bill.

The only downside is that the tanks are very small -- too small for our needs. We boondock for a week at a time, and the gray and black are very limited. Fresh water tanks are essentially unlimited -- just bring along a jerry can, and the tank can easily be topped off from any fresh water source. But gray and black can't be dumped just anywhere!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
coolmom42 wrote:
I like the looks of the Little Guy Max.

SoundGuy wrote:
Very nice, wish I could have talked my wife into something like this but she doesn't like anything to do with a wet bath and is stuck on a conventional TT design ... but Holy Smokes, the price :E - about $38,000 Cdn! Yikes! :E

exintrunk wrote:
Don't you have yours all modded out now to your liking? I looked thru your pics before and there are some great ideas.

What I should have said was I wish I could have talked my wife into something like this AT THE TIME. She declined, as I mentioned, and we instead bought a conventional TT design, our 2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS which two weeks ago began it's 6th camping season. Works well for us. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

exintrunk
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
coolmom42 wrote:

Very nice, wish I could have talked my wife into something like this but she doesn't like anything to do with a wet bath and is stuck on a conventional TT design ... but Holy Smokes, the price :E - about $38,000 Cdn! Yikes! :E

Don't you have yours all modded out now to your liking? I looked thru your pics before and there are some great ideas.

realter
Explorer
Explorer
Need an update, did you buy it?

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Check out ExpeditionPortal.com forum
Bob

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
coolmom42 wrote:

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

ViewOfAKindArt_
Explorer
Explorer
Wow that is nice, The quality is IMO very very good. Safe travels

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
That rear queen bed is going to feel tight for the preson sleep up against the wall.

No intent for 2 adults to occupy it overnight. My grandkids are skinny, :D. Either I will take the dinette, and let them share, or share the bed with one of them.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
That rear queen bed is going to feel tight for the preson sleep up against the wall.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Sure if you never want to dry camp or boondock...20 gallons of fresh water and 24 gallons of holding tank. And at 21 feet length you can get a far more capable TT. “Cute” doesn’t mean good. 660 pounds for cargo? Don’t take the bikes or much else. And single axel? Much safer with two axels when a tire blows.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
What about quality?

I like the fact that it is a smaller independent company not located in the Indiana schlock capital.

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
The new Little Guy Max's are very well appointed, with storage and a nice layout!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk båt - Dette må jeg se!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Little tear drops are so cute. I think you'll really enjoy it. AND you won't have a bit of worry towing it with any kind of vehicle!