cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2006 Honda Element

Wayne_Preston
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Honda Element with Auto Transmission and All Wheel Drive. Is anyone towing one of these. Honda says no, but I have heard that you can do it with all 4 down.
4 REPLIES 4

Wayne_Preston
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the answers! I feel a lot better about towing it now. I will order my tow bar today. Thanks

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Wayne Preston wrote:
I have a 2006 Honda Element with Auto Transmission and All Wheel Drive. Is anyone towing one of these. Honda says no, but I have heard that you can do it with all 4 down.

My guess is the Honda people know about their vehicle than the people on the internet. How lucky are you? If Honda is right, no charge to you. If the internet posters are wrong, you will have a gigantic repair bill. How lucky are you?

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
With my CRV which I think has the same running gear as the Element, as said above, run the engine for a few minutes and put it through the gears but always go to Neutral from Drive not Reverse to Neutral before shutting off. My manual says to change trans fluid every two years if towing as well.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes you can. Same tranny as a CRV.

I tow a 2011 Element.

You just need to follow โ€œThe Procedureโ€.

Idling with foot on brake slowly shift from P R N D 2 L 2 D N then idle for at least two minutes.

I repeat at lunch.

Also Honda says to change trans fluid every 30K?

Check that. Maybe 20K.

10k sooner than dual.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.