cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great campground

trackside
Explorer
Explorer
While doing research on RV resorts, we came across a resort in Dandridge,TN called ANCHOR DOWN. The restrooms,showers,views are spectacular. The staff were very friendly and the prices are very reasonable. So now after having bought our Thor Windsport 29M, we are taking it to Anchor Down in June for 2 weeks. We can't wait.
33 REPLIES 33

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Looks really nice to me! Iโ€™ve seen worse campgrounds! And iv seen way worse with the โ€œcherishedโ€ space between sites. I donโ€™t think you will get low lifeโ€™s in this place?!!

MODERATOR'S EDIT (5/15/2019):

The OP just came back and bumped this thread from over a year ago. The thread seemed weird last year, and bumping it makes it seem even weirder.

OP - If you want to reopen this topic, please send me a PM and give me details.

I deleted the OP's latest post and two replies to drop this thread back down the page again (way down) and closed it.

Goodnight thread. Sweet dreams.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Ringer
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
Goes to show you - different strokes for different folks!
I agree!
Stayed there a few days in 2015. I would have no problem going there again.
2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
2008 Saturn Vue

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Goes to show you - different strokes for different folks!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
2gypsies wrote:
Here's a photo of the place. .... and folks think Fishing Bridge in Yellowstone which has trees is a parking lot.... this is even more so without trees. It would definitely not be a place for us. We'd take a national forest dry campground in its place!

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x885bf6c5c15050b5:0x956a1cc66b1f213d!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!...
X2
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

1Adam12
Explorer
Explorer
Just completed 7 day stay on upper site. Itโ€™s one of the best views weโ€™ve ever had. I would not pick a site in the middle lower section due to space and lack of view. The perimeter sites have good views of lake and smokies. Sevierville is a 10 minute drive. Staff is really efficient and friendly. Hit 90โ€™s in daytime and low 60โ€™s at night with a breeze making fire place a great thing to use and enjoy. Lots of activities for kids like basketball, pool, lake and arcade. Dog park and facilities are immaculate.
DW and two boys
2019 Grand Design Momentum 397M
2020 Ram 3500 DRW

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
DrewE wrote:
ro_sie wrote:
Doesnt really matter to me if it is an add or what. I went to that parks website, read everything they had on it, and guess what? I DO NOT WANT TO GO THERE. Don't get me wrong, I like rules, but these "lovely people" want to be able to take pictures of guests and then be able to use them in their advertisements.

I highly doubt they're the only ones getting photo releases. If they did not do that, then any brochure picture in which you (or anyone else) was recognizable would become grounds for a lawsuit. Many many venues and so forth have such clauses on their tickets etc. It's more about general pictures that you happen to be in, rather than a direct portrait with a fabricated endorsement or something.

I haven't looked at the rules, so it may be that they are rule-happy and overly strict for all I know.

Yep, just about any campground does that!

KOA in Salt Lake City prints it on the receipt:

I hadn't noticed/seen that sort of thing before.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We've been there. It's very nice but expensive for us. We fulltime and don't like paying their nightly fees.

We use the Douglas Lake Tailwater campground along the French Broad River when in the area. As I looked through the other choices for the area, I find many that get very good ratings for about half the price of Anchors.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

fil564
Explorer
Explorer
We were there 2 yrs ago and made reservations again for last year but had to cancel so we made them for this September. I can honestly say it was one of the nicest and friendliest staffed parks we have come across. I did not have any issues with any rules nor did it seem like anyone was running around enforcing them. The drive to everything did not bother me, it was actually nice to get away from all of the tourist traps.
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke
2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W
1 Wife
2 Really Spoiled Shih Tzu's
that have Passed the Rainbow Bridge

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Anchor down doesn't need to place an ad here on RV.net. they have plenty of people staying there. It`s a very very nice place. worthy of any good reviews or recommendations they get. even those that came across it searching for campgrounds!

This^^ Anchor Down is a very popular and well known rv park, I don't think they are responsible for putting up the "free" ad.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

Woodtroll
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't it nice to have choices, and other folks' reviews, when choosing places to stay? We definitely lean towards "campgrounds" - rustic is okay, but we want some space, a little privacy, and SHADE! Other folks like the amenities of "RV parks" that appear to us to just be big parking lots.

We were excited when we saw the ads for Anchor Down campground when it opened a few years back, as it is in one of our favorite vacation areas. But then we paid a drive-through visit and said to each other, "No way in heck would I want to stay here in this open field!"

Again, to each his own - we all are looking to suit our own needs, and sometimes those change depending on where we are in life. It is indeed nice to have choices!
2003 F250XL 4WD 7.3L Crewcab LB, 6 speed; Prodigy brake controller; Big Tex grille guard/ deer deflector. Canoe hauler and camping truck extraordinaire!
2003 Layton 242 Scout- Extra batteries, solar panels, LED lighting, and propane for boondocking.

lazydays
Explorer
Explorer
Been 3 times in the last two years. Nice place with nice views of the lake. The drive is not bad into Pigeon Forge. We've already booked again for next year when we're on our way back from Myrtle Beach.
Very Patient Wife
Two Boys & a Girl
2013 Keystone Avalanche 345TG
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
ro_sie wrote:
Doesnt really matter to me if it is an add or what. I went to that parks website, read everything they had on it, and guess what? I DO NOT WANT TO GO THERE. Don't get me wrong, I like rules, but these "lovely people" want to be able to take pictures of guests and then be able to use them in their advertisements.

I highly doubt they're the only ones getting photo releases. If they did not do that, then any brochure picture in which you (or anyone else) was recognizable would become grounds for a lawsuit. Many many venues and so forth have such clauses on their tickets etc. It's more about general pictures that you happen to be in, rather than a direct portrait with a fabricated endorsement or something.

I haven't looked at the rules, so it may be that they are rule-happy and overly strict for all I know.

Yep, just about any campground does that!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
ro_sie wrote:

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Anchor down doesn't need to place an ad here on RV.net. they have plenty of people staying there. It`s a very very nice place. worthy of any good reviews or recommendations they get. even those that came across it searching for campgrounds!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is