cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dia Nacional del tequila

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
It is now official, the Mexican congress has passed the statute that on the 3rd Saturday of March from now on it will be the

DIA NACIONAL DEL TEQUILA

This elixir is exported to 120 countries and generates an income of 1.4 billion Dollars.

That is good news, salud y pesetas y tiempo para gastarlas!

navegator
11 REPLIES 11

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
The origin of the salt and lime with Tequila goes back when it was first being distilled, at that time the alcohol content was very, very high and in order to lessen the burning sensation, a pinch of salt was placed on the tongue and the shot of Tequila taken followed by the limon (lime) to sooth the sting of the alcohol and salt.

Today the Tequila industry has matured and there are Tequilas that are good and smooth as a Courvoisier or a Remy Matran, drinking these Tequilas with a pinch of salt and limon would be as bad as MEXICOWANDER stated, not to nice.

Drink yor Tequila any way that you prefer and enjoy, as long as you drink the Tequila!

navegator

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a friend from near Mexico City that makes a great chelada at his local bar. Tomato juice and salsa mixed with a good lager, salt on the rim and plenty of lime juice. On a hot day it is the best thing to drink. There is a reason why sal y limon has been so popular with tequila for hundreds of years.

The right way to drink is the way you like it.
On St Patrick's Day I was in our local Basque bar right when the mus tournament (old card game) let out. Some old Bascos were ordering Crown Royal and cranberry juice. People drink what they like.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Good tequila does not need adulterating.

Good God, salt and limon dropped into Courvoisier?

Tomato juice diluting craft Pilsner?

I would have throttled anyone bring salt or limon anywhere near my Tequila.

Like being served Kobe beef in Yokohama then ordering up a Bottle of A1

(shudder)

Talleyho69
We would have loved it too, but being that we are in Zihuatanejo now, it's tough. We did, however, raise a glass of Cazadores and my favorite, an unbranded plastic bottle of "Mezcal" (only because it's from the wrong region) in celebration of the day.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wish you could have been there too John and Angela.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
Buen agave de azul comes from Jalisco.
Many people have never had good tequila.
I had a party last fall and cooked traditional food outside on a fire. I had two sisters that grew up cooking that way making tortillas on a comal. I put out one good bottle of tequila and put on the Mexican music. Many people were talking Spanish. The girls drank some tequila while cooking out of tiny little plastic shot glasses. They took limon y sal with it and really enjoyed it.

Estamos disponibles para su prรณxima renuniรณn. ๐Ÿ™‚
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Buen agave de azul comes from Jalisco.
Many people have never had good tequila.
I had a party last fall and cooked traditional food outside on a fire. I had two sisters that grew up cooking that way making tortillas on a comal. I put out one good bottle of tequila and put on the Mexican music. Many people were talking Spanish. The girls drank some tequila while cooking out of tiny little plastic shot glasses. They took limon y sal with it and really enjoyed it.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
National Tequila official day.

Salud is health and pesetas is the old Spanish word for pesos (money) and tiempo para gastarlos is time to spend them, it is a fraze that is also used when you sneeze, when you lift a tumbler of Tequila and you say salud and preceede to savor it in company off good friends that is whhat a good life is all about.

Salud amigos.

Agood bottle of Tequila should be savoured in the same manner that a good Cognac is sipped, the cheap Tequila can be done with the lime and salt.

navegator

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I may have lost my precious barrel of Tequila contrabanda that I barreled in a Heitz cellars oak pony keg in 1984. Yep, going on 34 years aged. Friends were terrorized into abandoning their house and fleeing to the USA and I lost my friends and I lost the absolute finest tequila I have ever sipped. In 1984 the barrel of white lightnin cost me more than a hundred dollars from the distillery.

Dang!

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Roughly, health, money and time to spend it. We have been to the town of tequila twice. Camped there overnight in a parking lot. Fun little town.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
?? No habla