cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinery Provincial Park closed again

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
It’s happening again. “Individuals” have blockaded the park entrance and all visitors have been asked to leave. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/pinery-park-indigenous-protest-1.4583161
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley
26 REPLIES 26

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
Further update;

An agreement has been reached between the province and those involved in the protest “that will allow discussions to continue without further impacting park operations”

Article here

Thanks for the update ;hope both sides reach a settlement that satisfy all issues
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
bonse wrote:
We cancelled our reservations for May when the Government offered full refunds a few weeks ago. Don't trust this from happening again and didn't need any hassles.

.... and this is what "cheeses" me off. I have no idea who you folks are, but, i'm sure you are good people, who work their tails off to spend family time camping, and than you have to deal with this stuff. It's just not right, and again, the problem is, the people in Toronto who run this stuff have not camped a day in their lives..... they wouldn't be caught dead camping! We had reservations for New Years Eve, and a few weeks before, and the indians were still there, Ontario Parks offered me a full refund.... and i said nope, u have had my money for 5 months, i want a cancellation fee from you now! The guy on the other end fumbled and whatever.... caught him by surprise. I didn't want a refund, i wanted my camp site! Enough is enough Ontario Parks .... you need to make it perfectly clear with this moron, do it again, and you will be charged with trespassing. Grow some **** Nads, and stick up for the people who really appreciate family time, and this great park!
2017 Jayflight 26BH Elite

bonse
Explorer
Explorer
We cancelled our reservations for May when the Government offered full refunds a few weeks ago. Don't trust this from happening again and didn't need any hassles.

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
We are going there for the May 24 week, not weekend, along with my son and his family. Hopefully there will be no problems. Whoever the minister in charge is, better get his/her act in gear and straighten this or somebody out.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully this sticks
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

rickm
Explorer
Explorer
Knew this one would not last long ..... Ontario Parks cannot afford to have their Golden Goose disrupted! Summer is coming, and they need those 1000 campsites filled, plus their day use crowd there. But it is good to know, that once again, they were going to refund your reservation money if need be! What a joke, sit on my money for 5 months, and we'll refund you the full amount! How nice of them. Next time i have to cancel for some family emergency or whatever, i will tell them it's because of the indians, and this way i will get all my money back! Man i wish i knew who runs this part of our government!
2017 Jayflight 26BH Elite

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Further update;

An agreement has been reached between the province and those involved in the protest “that will allow discussions to continue without further impacting park operations”

Article here
Hitched by Hensley

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Excellent start to you Easter Weekend camping trip. .on.gov dropping the ball and capitulating again. No one with a set of stones in all the group involved.

Guess it's a drive up the road to MacGregor PP if I was in that boat.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the update.
Newmar 34rsks 2008

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
**update. Some people are being turned away now. Ontario parks is offering refunds to those with reservations.

See news article here
Hitched by Hensley

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
They have done wonder with it eh? what used to be a gorgeous park now like the set of the walking dead. have you seen it lately. Maybe they should focus their efforts there.

Down there last summer. Looks like a pick your own scrap yard.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
They have done wonder with it eh? what used to be a gorgeous park now like the set of the walking dead. have you seen it lately. Maybe they should focus their efforts there.

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
Not until the Harris government shot that fellow at ipperwash. Think the fact that we gave them the entire park for it even though they were in the wrong set the worst precedent possible. its ok though my uncles best friends sisters kids babysitter bought a dog from a breeder who when to school with the sister of a guy whos great great grandfather had roots near wheatley so im moving in this weekend. Want to come?

To be fair Ipperwash was native property up until the second WW ,the the government asked for it to train troops "we will return it as soon as the war is over"................. hummmm
not like the typical 300 year old scratch in the sand deal.
Newmar 34rsks 2008

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
The problem is will they take a hands off approach to me when I am assaulted by one and chose to defend myself? I have every intent of using the facility I have legally rented, should someone think they can stand in the way of that I don't intend to stop, nor do I expect to be bullied.