cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atwood heater problem (Problem solved)

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Atwood hot water heater needs a new element so we can have hot water when we are plugged into shore power. Problem is, the place to change out the element is inside under the fridge and can only be almost accessed by pulling out some drawers. Sooooo do I have to go outside and pull out the entire heater or what? The unit is a 1999 National Tradewinds 7370 Any ideas are welcome.

Working in the tight space was a challenge but after checking the element, I found the present one was ok and there was just a wire loose. Replaced the wire and moved the switch to the wall just left of the fridge so I could turn it on and off easily. Problem solved. After that little job I would agree that to change out the element, it would be better to take the unit out of the bus to work on it. Thanks for the replies.
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime
4 REPLIES 4

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
With a 19 year old water heater, you might just want to install a new water heater if you plan to keep the coach. Just saying.........

X2

That model is no longer available.
Newer version will require some add'l wiring changes/modifications
Simple...DIY easy just need to understand

SEE PGs 23,24,25 in this manual
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
With a 19 year old water heater, you might just want to install a new water heater if you plan to keep the coach. Just saying.........

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I have found it is easier to pull the Water Heater to replace the 120 element. Trying to fight the lack of access and working in a tight space, you find that pulling was the way to go. Doug

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
maybe easier to pull the whole unit out of the rv than having to fight with the small space inside..