cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Attaching 50amp cables with marine connections

jeffreyhnewby
Explorer
Explorer
I have two 50amp cables where one end is a female marine twist connection and the other end is a standard 50amp male plug. For the life of me I can't find a pigtail or conversion device that would allow me to connect them to each other. I believe that would require a female standard plug on one end and a male twist lock on the other. Any suggestions?
34 REPLIES 34

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
He has a twist lock fitting on his RV, and he has 2 different length cords to use, depending on need, each with a male 50A plug (to plug in to the power source pedestal) and a female twist lock end (to attach to the RV). He would like the ability to use one cord (15'), or the other cord (30'), or both cords together (45'). He needs (and it appears he found) a female 50A plug/male twist lock adapter.:B
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Jeannine1222
Explorer
Explorer
We now have two of these in stock priced at $49.99 plus shipping. You can send a message here or go to www,AmpUpCords.com to purchase.

jeffreyhnewby
Explorer
Explorer
Ours arrived last week and the quality is outstanding. It totally solved my problem and I can now string my two power cable together (marine on one end and standard 50amp plug on the other end). Shipping was fast and reasonable.

Jeannine1222
Explorer
Explorer
jeffreyhnewby wrote:
Here it is:

We now have two of these in stock priced at $49.99 plus shipping. You can send a message here or go to www.ampupcords.com to purchase.

jeffreyhnewby
Explorer
Explorer
I own two because the 30' is really heavy so a few years ago, as I got older, I had a 15' one made up which weighs about half as much. I've got a Mexico trip planned where I need a particularly long power cable so I figured it makes more sense to find an adapter than to buy an extension cable.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Bill.Satellite wrote:
He does already own both cords and that's why he was searching for the adapter to allow one to be turned into an extension cord.

Yes I understand he owns 2 cords, but how many own 2 twist lock RV cords? Why would you own 2.
Now I get it , you may have 1 from the old RV. Or you own 2 RV's etc etc.
But in the grand scheme of things I question is there a real market for such an adapter? By the way I own 2 cords as well.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
He does already own both cords and that's why he was searching for the adapter to allow one to be turned into an extension cord.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
AS I ponder ordering one of these adapters myself. I question the logic. A 15' 50 amp extension cord sells for $60 a 25' sells for $115. The adapter sells for $60.00. If you already have the cord I can see the usefulness of the adapter.
However owning 2 twist lock 50 amp RV cords is not very common is it?
Nevertheless the adapter gives you the option to use a twist lock cord as an extension cord.
Correct Trax,Splendide

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
jeffreyhnewby wrote:
Here it is:

That's great. Those are the parts I described that simply needed a wire to connect the 2. It's nice to see that someone figured out that such an adapter would have a market.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Jeannine1222
Explorer
Explorer
jeffreyhnewby wrote:
This is who sells it:

Vincent Surace
Geauga Sales, LLC
216-218-1762
www.AmpUpCords.com

Thank you for posting that info!!

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
time2roll wrote:
Then you have 4 cords and twice the connections vs swapping off the end for the common 14-50 connector.

I amazed/impressed that he found the adapter.
I think the adapter is a viable option. The extra connections can be a concern however it does allow the OP to keep his cords and have the option to use them as extension cords if necessary.
Correct Trax,Splendide

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Then you have 4 cords and twice the connections vs swapping off the end for the common 14-50 connector.

jeffreyhnewby
Explorer
Explorer
This is who sells it:

Vincent Surace
Geauga Sales, LLC
216-218-1762
www.AmpUpCords.com

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Who makes it?