cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV drinking Water Hose

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the white hoses are 1/2" and some are 5/8". Any reason to choose one over the other? Actually, I had never even noticed the difference till I was shopping for one earlier.
20 REPLIES 20

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have used BOTH 5/8 and now 1/2" there is no difference with the amount of water or pressure coming out of my shower or anything else. The lines in these RV's are so small it does not make any difference. Hose size to a house, YES.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
More flow...not pressure. Gee whiz.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
If you connect to city water then the 5/8's is my choice. I like a good hard shower and if you restrict the size you restrict the flow. Your pressure gauge should not be higher than 45 pounds so go with the larger hose. If you have a hard time coiling a hose I really feel for you if it is freezing and you have to coil your power cord. lol.
By the by there is only one way to coil the hose do not fight it. As for a cord, any cord, if you give it a half twist when coiling it will be a lot easier. I have coiled thousands of cords in construction for 40 years.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
mgirardo wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

If you want a hose that will last you forever and is easy to coil in cold weather and it does NOT get fat. I highly suggest logging into "rvfilterstore.com" their hoses and end connections are top quality. Don't waste your time looking unless you are willing to part with your $$$. I purchased three different lengths. Been full timing with them for over two years, still are in perfect condition.

I believe the proper link is https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com

-Michael

Thank you!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

If you want a hose that will last you forever and is easy to coil in cold weather and it does NOT get fat. I highly suggest logging into "rvfilterstore.com" their hoses and end connections are top quality. Don't waste your time looking unless you are willing to part with your $$$. I purchased three different lengths. Been full timing with them for over two years, still are in perfect condition.

I believe the proper link is https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The usual problem with water supply is too much pressure. Use a flow limiter on your water hose connected to a house supply. The diameter of the hose is of little consequence since the water has to go through your pipes in the trailer.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
donn0128 wrote:
5/8 will gove you more flow.

In MOST cases I would agree. With the plumbing lines so small in RV's it really does not matter.

They have high quality Watts water regulators.

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
As mentioned, your rig has 1/2" plumbing so except for faster filling the FW tank via an open/gravity fill port if so equipped. A threaded connected/piped port would be no difference (i.e. back to 1/2").

Pressure would be based on any restrictions in your rig and what psi the CG provides at their spigot.

Hose quality is a separate discussion.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
A larger hose would allow two faucets to be turned on at the same time without as much volume/pressure loss as a smaller hose. Someone taking a shower and someone else flushing a toilet is a good example.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
oyarsa wrote:
And wouldn't the 1/2" provide more pressure? If that's an issue, which probably isn't considering the recommendation to use a pressure regulator.

Nope.

If water is NOT flowing at all, the pressure would be the same. If some water is flowing, but less than max the hose can deliver, the pressure would be higher in the 5/8 hose.

For what it's worth, the larger hose will work better for longer runs. If you ran 100 feet of hose to your RV, you'd notice a difference in how the fixtures behaved inside the RV. But if your hose is only 10 feet long, you'd be hard pressed to find a difference.

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Great replies guys, thanks. Bottom line, the bigger hose isn't going to make the shower pressure greater since the pipes are 1/2" anyway, plus the regulator is there.

oyarsa
Explorer
Explorer
And wouldn't the 1/2" provide more pressure? If that's an issue, which probably isn't considering the recommendation to use a pressure regulator.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Slownsy wrote:
I do believe the water still has to pass true the same 12โ€ pipe and fittings.
Frank.

X2... All 1/2" plumbing inside my RV
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
I do believe the water still has to pass true the same 12โ€ pipe and fittings.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.