Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekend Warrior FS3000 Upgrades?

PyroTekRob
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone,

I am looking to make a few upgrades on my 05 FS3000 by Weekend Warrior. Ive been doing a lot of research, but also looking for more information.

First off, I think will be the water pump. I seen a lot of recommendations for SHURFLO. A new Trailer Life article highlights a Duraself Flow Max. I don't know much about the water system, or what the best options are. Any guidance is much appreciated.

Next, is the Water Heater. Our last trip to Lake Havasu, we could not get hot water. Is it better to just replace a water heater, or convert to tank less? The lady "Says" she wants tank less.

Then to the shower, we plan to swap the head to a Oxigenics Fury RV. And I've seen a video where they replace the faucets as well, to a quarter turn faucet. But is that possible on a WW FS3000? My shower faucet doesn't seem to have screws (probably hiding)

We greatly appreciate any information anyone can share on these topics,

Robert
4 REPLIES 4

htwheelz67
Explorer
Explorer
Robert, to change your shower faucet you will need to go into the cabinet above the kitchen sink, there is a space where the stereo and the fuel tank gauge is. Remove the right and left trim pieces and you can pry the shelf up to get into that area. you will see the rear of the shower valve, you unscrew the waterlines and then there are 2 faucet nuts that hold the faucet on, unscrew them and the faucet will come off. Save the nuts as most replacement shower faucets dont come with them. If you drop one in the wall they are std 1/2 ips faucet nuts you can get at hardware stores or plumbing supply. Make sure after replacing it you reconnect the waterlines tightly and careful not to cross thread them, after a day or two of having the water on re check them again for leaks.

I swapped my shower valve to a single handle one, mine used to have a matching lever handle but I would continually bump it while in the shower causing the water to go HOT, these valves use a "valley" cartridge, I swapped out the cartridge and put a std" Valley" handle on it and no more problems. As far as the water heater, sounds like an easy fix maybe an igniter, sometimes its not getting gas. whenever my gas has been off I turn on all the burners on the stove and once they are lit the the gas has bled past the fridge,wh and furnace and they will light faster.

htwheelz67
Explorer
Explorer
I used this fridge whirlpool I wanted a fridge with rear coils and icemaker compatible, I got it on sale for 339.00.

You do have to slightly enlarge the opening, cut the front legs off, bolt it down and brace it. I have been out for 4 days at a time twice dry camping since I did the conversion with no problems at all. I use 2 6v golf cart batteries, I have 200 watts of solar and a powerbright 1200 watt pure sine inverter with auto transfer switch. I've ran the genny an hour or two before bed but not that I had to, still at 12-12.1v in the morning. It does stick out a bit further than the original. I re tapped the hinge hole and made a thingy to secure the doors when in transit.

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
So I have the sister trailer to the Weekend Warrior "Rage'n" Stryker I am curious about the fridge mode you did. What brand/kind of fridge, how did it fit,you took the stock one out? Also how does it do when you go boondocking? We do a lot of dry camping anywhere from 2 to 7 days, could you show some pictures of the fridge? Thanks Micheal

htwheelz67
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 that I got for a steal in 2010 bank repo 10.5k, lets see, Ive done the oxygenics, single handle shower valve, new bath and kitchen faucets, reverse osmosis and DI water system and water softener (for the crappy water in Parker AZ), also installed an outside hose bibb to wash the trailer.quads,boat etc using the DI spot free water, porcelin toilet, new stereo,portable XM radio dock and bluetooth,subwoofer under the couch, 8" marine outside speakers and speaker selector switch, TV in front bedroom and Liv room,Directv dish mount, solar panels, pure sine inverter and 11 cu ft residential fridge (with icemaker) and it gets cold in one hour vs a day, 6v golf cart batts,replaced air conditioner and added 2nd air conditioner in the front bedroom and made a 50 amp splitter cable, memory foam beds, split most overhead cabinets by installing shelves in the middle of them. Took out carpet and checkerboard vinyl and installed one continuous sheet of linolium from front to back. LED lighting inside and out including the flood lights, we-boost cellphone amplifier system. And last year got the frame and outriggers (sagging walls) strengthened by VIP rv (trailer is solid as a rock now), got insurance to pay for a good chunk of it. My original WH still works, my genny has 700+ hours, I changed my water pump to a higher GPM shurflo and keep the original for a spare. I also shortened the sewer dump pipe because if you need to use a "blueboy" thoe outlet was too low. Still have 16"rims and tires to add and maybe dexter ez flex. If you need some tips I know the WW FS3000 inside and out. I'm a plumbing contractor as well, tankless or regular is your choice, tankless is about 3 times the price.