cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'02 HR Vactioner '34 - Shower faucet access method?

FFalkor
Explorer
Explorer
I wish to replace the shower faucet in our 2002 Holiday Rambler Vactioner. No access to remove the old faucet is evident from within the shower. The faucet style is most likely attached from the back.

The problem is I can not find an access panel, and think it is required to pull the refrigerator out to get access to the faucet, which would be in the same area as the back, right of the refrigerator.

The outside access panel for the refrigerator does not gain shower faucet access.

Not sure how to post a picture I have to help explain it.

So, does anyone have experience with this to confirm that I need to pull the refrigerator or is there another trick for getting this done? Thanks in advance,
FFalkor
5 REPLIES 5

FFalkor
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the procedure on frig removal. I will make the cart.

ILVMYGT
Explorer
Explorer
Pulling the refrigerator should not be to bad a job. Disconnect the AC and DC power, then the propane. Get the owners manual for the refrigerator to find out where all the attachment screws are, may need to remove some trim. Suggest you make a rolling cart the same height to slide the refrigerator on, then you can roll it out of the way to work on the faucet. If the refrigerator has ventilation fans, this would be a good time to service them.
2000 Country Coach Magna
CAT 385HP Allison 6sp
1998 Saturn SW2

FFalkor
Explorer
Explorer
This is the picture of the back of the shower against the refrigerator. The outside corner shown seems hollow, but I can not find a release to open the panel.

FFalkor
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, the slide is on the opposite side of the RV in this configuration.

Unless something new is posted, I may have to start researching how to pull the refrigerator to gain access.

Thanks
FFalkor

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I believe you have to have kitchen slide out, remove the wall mirrors and cut hole in wall to remove shower faucet. Monaco/HR had a couple of years in the early 00 that had no easy access.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson