cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Things you would like to see on a trailer

seagrace
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, apparently I'm not allowed to post relevant content.
41 REPLIES 41

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to see them offer special offer options. If Iโ€™m willing to pay for better tires let me spec it out. If I want more than one battery is it so hard to do that I canโ€™t spec that? May I donโ€™t want the crappy chairs they love to use. Why canโ€™t I delete that? Etc, etc etc.
I understand they have to buy X number of these things to get their price, so give me 75% credit. I could live with that.

Kittykath
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to see a jackknife couch that was actually comfortable to sleep on without having to re-engineer it with extra pads and blankets.

chag67
Explorer
Explorer
A tall shower would not greatly reduce the storage space in the front of the fiver plus it would give us tall fellas more floor plan options other than the standard front living room setup.
2018 Grand Design Solitude 379FLS

Explorer II
Explorer II
That's the best idea I've read here. A tall shower on the ground floor. That would sell.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

chag67
Explorer
Explorer
Front bedroom on a 5th wheel where the bathroom is not raised up at the same height as the bedroom. Anyone over 6' has a tough time in those showers in the front of a fiver.
2018 Grand Design Solitude 379FLS

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
Self adjusting brakes. They got 'em, they just don't want to put them on.

They put 'em on my Coachmen. Waiting to see how well they work.

I would go a step further and have disc brakes standard. Had to add them to our trailer and they are great.
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
The result is far too many unskilled workers with no previous experience building these RVs.

That is why smart manufacturing companies with competent management either pay enough to hire people with actual skills and work experience related to the jobs they will be asked to do, or they train their workers rather than just tossing them into the fire.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
As long as we're dreaming, I'd like a big window in the front cap of a 5er, so you can lay on the bed and stare outside. Preferably one that opens to help with the dismal air flow problem in most front bedrooms.

Montana High Country 5th wheels have a window in the front cap.
Proud father of a US Marine

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
As long as we're dreaming, I'd like a big window in the front cap of a 5er, so you can lay on the bed and stare outside. Preferably one that opens to help with the dismal air flow problem in most front bedrooms.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy wrote:
troubledwaters wrote:
If you believe your friend, you should sell the stock short, everyone else is currently buying; you'll make a killing (or your might find new friends).

Which clearly indicates you missed the entire point of my post - manufacturers are scrambling to push enough product out the doors to meet demand yet while doing so aren't showing the profit margins they should be due to significantly increased costs in materials, untrained labour, and excessive warranty claims. It's only going to get worse before it gets better so innovation - the topic of this discussion - won't have any role to play for some time to come.
Which clearly indicates you missed the entire point of my post - Your Friend Doesn't Know What He's Talking About. Profits are alive and well in the industry and innovation will continue same as always.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
troubledwaters wrote:
If you believe your friend, you should sell the stock short, everyone else is currently buying; you'll make a killing (or your might find new friends).

Which clearly indicates you missed the entire point of my post - manufacturers are scrambling to push enough product out the doors to meet demand yet while doing so aren't showing the profit margins they should be due to significantly increased costs in materials, untrained labour, and excessive warranty claims. It's only going to get worse before it gets better so innovation - the topic of this discussion - won't have any role to play for some time to come. :R
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

seagrace
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, apparently I'm not allowed to post relevant content.

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but we're all (myself included) just dreaming if we really think any of these things on our wish list are going to happen anytime soon. ๐Ÿ˜ž Ran into a friend who is in the business - yes, demand has never been higher but the reality is the RV manufacturing industry is in crisis, so much so the goal is simply to remain alive, not innovate. New manufacturing facilities have been built to meet this increased demand, more shifts have been added, but there's way too few qualified to fill all the jobs created. The result is far too many unskilled workers with no previous experience building these RVs. In the meantime interest rates are going up and material costs are increasing not at an even, annual rate in line with inflation but exponentially. You think RV cost too much now? ... just wait, we're in for even more shock over the next couple of years. :E The reality is manufacturers are pumping out more units than they ever have but their bottom line is worsening due to substantially increasing costs, including warranty costs caused by poor quality control, a situation created when trying to pump out too many units with too few skilled workers. It's a lose lose situation that can only get worse unless manufacturers draw the line and start producing fewer units with more skilled workers, thus better controlling material costs, labour costs, and excessive warranty costs. Read it and weep, even disagree all you want, but the fact is plant management is slowing coming to realize this is the state of their affairs. It's not good and certainly not the environment in which innovation will curry any favour at all. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380