cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Accuride 19.5 Steel Rims

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I got some factory steel rims on my Bounder that are not so round anymore, has anyone replaced your steel 19.5 rims with new steel rims from Accuride #29879.

The reason I ask is going to aluminum is very pricey, I can get 6 new Accuride steel rims for just under $1200.00 delivered to my door and just reuse my tires, lug nuts and stainless steel liners but I am also worried the new steel rims might not be perfect round and could still end up where I am now.

Anyone had luck with new steel dually rims from Accuride

http://www.wheelsnowinc.com/catalog/viewItem.php?id=1129
2 REPLIES 2

Isaac-1
Explorer
Explorer
Not new, but I did buy a 10 lug 19.5 Accu Ride rim for my P32 Chassis coach from a local junk yard to carry a mounted spare. I think I paid about $50.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe ask Accuride what their tolerances are for runout before purchasing? I bought one for a spare and never used it on the MH.

I had the steel wheels on an F250 replaced under warranty for runout back in the 90's. The replacements were no better. Solved it with trueing and balancing the tires mounted on the truck. Hard to find a shop that will do that any more.

PS I did have the fronts trued on the vehicle on the F53 a few years ago. It did solve a vibration.

Conversely I had some out of round tires on my F150; had them trued last year by a different shop. Waste of money, no solution.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...