cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Winne Sunstar entry door lock question

Michigander
Explorer
Explorer
hi all! Does anyone know what brand Winne use for their entry door locks? Ours has not worked right since day. Dealer is 5 hours away and they didn't fix it the first time rather they just made it look good. Anyhow, after being locked out again for the umpteenth time and with my wife being out of state at the time with the second set of keys I drilled out the lock so I could shut down the coach. I called winne today and the fellow told me they were individually keyed for each coach? I have never heard of that with RV's and think he might have thought we had a driver entry door. I can call them again next week with the coach serial number but it just seems odd. Thoughts??

Thanks!!
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
Honda civic toad "RGOCART"

"A father measures his wealth not in his possessions, but in the happiness of his family"
1 REPLY 1

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Are you asking if ALL Winne entry door keys are the exact same key? They are not. I doubt that there are thousands of different keys. There are probably 50 or so different keys for the Entry door lock. Now, Compartment doors are usually ALL the same key regardless of the Winne model or even the year. Winne Door locks (20 years ago) I had a master key that did indeed unlock all the various models. BUT NOT THE DEADBOLT. That is keyed different and there is no master Deadbolt key. Now, a problem some dealers create is, instead of getting the correct Keys for a lost door lock key, they make a copy of the Master. Then when a RV'er gets out and camps, he try's his key in another Same brand Door lock and it works and they assume ALL keys are keyed alike. Doug