cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody Make A TT With a Single Twin Bed?

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
Any mfg'r make a TT with a single twin bed? Looking to solo RV and don't need a big bed.

I'm seeing models with two twins but none with one. I suppose I could rip one out but would rather not do that. Also would prefer the bed to run the width of the trailer rather than along one of the long walls to provide more floor space.

Thanks.
32 REPLIES 32

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I traveled almost 100,000 miles solo in an Escape 17. Made the rear dinette into a permanent bed (48" X 77") that fits 3/4 sheets. That left the front 2 person dinette for meals, etc.

Eventually, I wanted to add a built in microwave, 6 cu ft, 2 door refrigerator, oven, and a 4 person dinette, so I now travel in an Escape 21 that has a long, full sized bed (54" X 80").

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
I solo as well, I used to have a Coachmen Clipper 16B. I would sleep on the bottom bunk and use the top for storage, it worked OK but the bunk was just a little to narrow for me and the two little dogs that have to sleep with me. It was a great little trailer with 30 gallon tanks and around 1000 lbs of cargo carrying capacity. It's a very generic floor plan that is done by many manufacturers. I chose Coachmen for the tank size, cargo capacity, and roof air mainly.

16B
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Travel Lite Idea i15 is nice floorplan too with dry bath.

Only 7' wide and double axle. They come with the air conditioner in the roof too.

Idea i15

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Jedidad wrote:
Any mfg'r make a TT with a single twin bed? Looking to solo RV and don't need a big bed.

SoundGuy wrote:
Here in Ontario we have a custom coach builder Taylor Coach which has been in business since 1967 and specializes in smaller sized custom designs and yes, they do ship to customers in the US. As they say in their advertising - "Various layouts available to meet your needs please contact us."

qtla9111 wrote:
Taylor Coach shows a 10 ft model that says single bed, not single beds. I wonder if it truly has just one single? Worth checking out.

Taylor Coach is a family owned business which sells directly, is now run by the founder's son who builds one coach at a time and who will make adjustments to published designs to suit a prospective owner's preferences.

From the Taylor Coach website - "We can build your Taylor Coach longer, taller, shorter, wider, leave out furniture; create a space to tuck in your sheets, as well as a custom built spot for the cat box. Just give us a call to begin designing your new trailer."

That's what is meant by "please contact us". ๐Ÿ˜‰
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
The CCC on the Scotty is only 460lbs. ๐Ÿ˜ž
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:
Serro Scotty has 2 year warranty

Serro Scotty S16BHR

Bunk with single bed and this unit is 7 feet wide.

Nice!

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
Found a couple models with sofa beds only:

Bigfoot 2500 Series

EDIT: Yikes at the prices of those!! :E

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Black Rock 18DB is a nice unit. It's a "full" bed.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Serro Scotty has 2 year warranty

Serro Scotty S16BHR

Bunk with single bed and this unit is 7 feet wide.

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:
Nash 22H has double bed, nice floorplan, half ton towable.

A lot of storage, plenty of wardrobe and shower pan instead of the tub.

Nash 22H.
I can personally vouch for this. I travel solo with 2 dogs, and this trailer is pretty perfect for me. The only thing I've added is solar on the roof and a second battery because I primarily boondock and dry camp.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old Airstreams had them.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
normal_dave wrote:
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

Nash 22H.

Excellent choice.

Also take a look at sister company Outdoors RV Black Rock 18DB, "best of both worlds use of small space".
Black Rock 18DB

Edit: Riverside RV, sideways (rv-sized Queen):
Riverside RV 176FK

They also list the same trailer with a murphy/sofa bed, but I didn't see any for sale. 177FK

I like that Retro too. They have their own Forum. You could always put a thick carpet down under the bed and buy a better Twin Mattress...then on the sides put a little night stand with the extra space saved by the narrow twin mattress.

All good choices.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
SoundGuy wrote:
Jedidad wrote:

Here in Ontario we have a custom coach builder Taylor Coach which has been in business since 1967 and specializes in smaller sized custom designs and yes, they do ship to customers in the US. As they say in their advertising - "Various layouts available to meet your needs please contact us." :B

Taylor Coach shows a 10 ft model that says single bed, not single beds. I wonder if it truly has just one single? Worth checking out.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

normal_dave
Explorer
Explorer
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

Nash 22H.

Excellent choice.

Also take a look at sister company Outdoors RV Black Rock 18DB, "best of both worlds use of small space".
Black Rock 18DB

Edit: Riverside RV, sideways (rv-sized Queen):
Riverside RV 176FK

They also list the same trailer with a murphy/sofa bed, but I didn't see any for sale. 177FK
1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler