cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thoughts on 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 201BHXL

tyler811
Explorer
Explorer
For years we used a pop up that suited us well but last year we bought a 16 FT Extreme travel trailer and made some modifications to it.

After one summer we realized it was still kinda small, as in a wet shower/toilet, so we are looking at new ones.

Came across the 2018 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 201BHXL with a few options like electric stabilizer jacks (4) and tongue jack. A lot of features we like like a sink in the bathroom. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway I was wondering about the build quality of the Forest River Salem Cruise Lite series. I have been reading a few that are quite hard on the built quality.

Would anyone have one or had one or know someone who has/had one?
5 REPLIES 5

tyler811
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the input, we have decided to pull the trigger and we pick up it tomorrow.

mitw44
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Salem Cruise Lite 171RBxl last year, and have been very happy with it so far.
2009 F 250 XLT SC 4x4 3.73 LS 5.4L V8
2017 Forest River Salem Cruise Lite 171 RBXL

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
If you like floor plan go for it. Even as a new unit inspect every inch of it. Roof caulking one.

craigban
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 cruise lite 261bhxl, bought new in late 2014 we have had very good luck with it so far

ViewOfAKindArt_
Explorer
Explorer
You're good on the quality for the Cruise Lite, you can find higher quality or lesser quality of build, but this is a pretty good value for their fit and finish and power jacks, and I like that it has the hard siding, I see and hear stories about the laminates. Best of luck, and we call those shower/toilet combos "Shampoo's" ๐Ÿ™‚