cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford F350

grizz272
Explorer
Explorer
My GMC dealer has dropped the ball. I may not be getting my New 3500HD.
The dealer was suppose to order the truck The first week in January so it would be her by the end of Feb. It appears the dealer forgot to order it until the middle to end of Feb. So far no idea when the truck will be delivered. Our new fifth-wheel is setting at the dealer ready to go. We have reservations made, a family reunion to go, all based on early March delivery. There are no Chevy/GMC 3500hd with in 500 miles that will do the job.
I have found a F350 equipted like I would need for towing our new fifth-wheel. I know nothing about ford. Does the Tranny have tow haul mode? is there an exhaust break? The truck is 4x4 with the fith-wheel goose neck towing package ( puck system). Will this truck have a locking rear end or is that an option that needs to be added at the factory? This F350 has about 85% of the stuff of the truck I ordered out from GMC dealer.
Wife and I are not happy.:M
115 REPLIES 115

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
transamz9 wrote:

Haha! I can be going 30 with nothing hooked to the hitch pulling back and brake the tires loose on my old 5.9.

That's what I found with our old Dodge as well .... Extremely light back end and horrible suspension provided terrible traction.

I don't have factory suspension and I promise it hooks pretty hard.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Towed all over the country with two separate F-350s. Great truck. Tow haul mode, dash brake controller. Tranny is problem free after 200,000 miles. New 2016 models of F-350 diesel have transmission brake and engine exhaust brake. I drove to Alaska and back from my home in Maine this past summer, including two times across the Rockies and I can count the number of times I used the foot brake (other than city driving) to stop the vehicle with. As long as you plan ahead, it is not necessary to hit the brakes going down steep inclines or under normal stopping situations. Plenty of power to climb those mountains, also.

I will have another F-350 when this one wares out.

Lakeside

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Driving a Dually is something I do because we like our RV that requires we have one. I consider driving a Dually a bit more of a challenge but not an inconvenience.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
For those who won't admit that a dually is just a little less convenient to park, I hope someday you get to see a full parking lot of duallys parked hip to hip, and only one space left for you. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

blueglide
Explorer
Explorer
Full timing around the country with our fifth wheel I drive my dually exclusively. Only found one (1) drive thru that was truly horrible (yes I'm talking to you Burger King in Longview,TX) barely made it around the building and couldn't back up because of cars behind me. I don't try and park in the front of Walmart lots not because I won't fit but because I don't need some fool banging into my doors or fenders with their carts/doors/scooters/etc. To listen to some folks you would think a dually is akin to driving a semi-tractor around a parking lot. I actually look ahead and try to plan out where I will go and park in a parking lot to make entering and exiting hassle free. Have driven thru downtown Oklahoma City with all of the attendant road construction and narrowed lanes with no problems...I even park in Sonic Drive Thru stalls and the truck width isn't a problem...its the mirrors...I have to fold them up so they don't hit the menu station. I guess what I'm saying is that not considering a dually because 'its too big' is ridiculous...there will only be a handful of times where the width is an issue. What is FAR more likely is a large dually will be difficult to fit in your garage due to height and width. ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 Ford F450 XLT CC 6.7 4X4 Dually
2017 Arctic Fox 32-5m Fifth Wheel

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins...im the same way, even at work in the parking garage I get in early to get the spot all the way at the end in the corner away from everyone.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I NEVER park my DRW in a single slot UNLESS it's one next to a curb then I will put my outer dual on the curb and back in. I have ZERO door/hip dings. I usually take two stalls way out.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
We all know all parking lots lines are not all the same width.
Lots of places with parking lines that are too narrow for my DRW one ton crew cab. Some even so narrow my old '03 2500 can't get the doors open once I'm in. Those hips on my DRW are simply too wide to get into some places.....even tho the mirrors go through.
Most older establishments seem to have wider spaced lines vs some of the new malls thinks everyone drives a Honda Civic.

Made a living with several one ton DRW trucks and I know for sure there are many places we can't park or spots to narrow to go through.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
My 350 drw with the wide track front axle is easier to park than my previous 2011 F250, both trucks are the same length.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

Lexx
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, I can get my 450 into a single wide space but just barely. The overhead view camera really helps. Heading into the space instead of backing in is sometimes easier because the truck is usually so much longer than the vehicles on either side. It is a tight fit. There's usually only a couple inches to spate on either side.
2017 Ruby Red Platinum F450 - my kids call her "Big Red"
2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
transamz9 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
shepstone wrote:
Only True Mosnowman wrote:
I just traded in my 2013 Ford F250 gasser for a 2018 Ford F350 Diesel....holy shnikes!

This new 6.7 is a beast! I looked down when test driving and was doing 85 in no time. I thought I was going 60...I drive both GMC & Fords and they are both great vehicles.

X2 I did the same thing. I was holding off on getting a new Ford 6.7 until they got all the bugs worked out, wow was it worth it, not just the drivetrain but the whole truck just takes it to another level. All that power and super quiet, & comfortable ride.

The 6.7PSD is a beast. During spring break last week I took my son fishing to catch some speckled trout at West Matagorda Bay, and while pulling the boat I learned that I can be going ~15mph and stomp on it and the tires will start spinning pretty good. My boy was all :B

Haha! I can be going 30 with nothing hooked to the hitch pulling back and brake the tires loose on my old 5.9.

That's what I found with our old Dodge as well .... Extremely light back end and horrible suspension provided terrible traction.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
shepstone wrote:
I just traded in my 2013 Ford F250 gasser for a 2018 Ford F350 Diesel....holy shnikes!

This new 6.7 is a beast! I looked down when test driving and was doing 85 in no time. I thought I was going 60...I drive both GMC & Fords and they are both great vehicles.

X2 I did the same thing. I was holding off on getting a new Ford 6.7 until they got all the bugs worked out, wow was it worth it, not just the drivetrain but the whole truck just takes it to another level. All that power and super quiet, & comfortable ride.

The 6.7PSD is a beast. During spring break last week I took my son fishing to catch some speckled trout at West Matagorda Bay, and while pulling the boat I learned that I can be going ~15mph and stomp on it and the tires will start spinning pretty good. My boy was all :B

2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
shepstone wrote:

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Blueglide I did not say it would not fit between the lines, the problem is that in drive ins and most parking lots they do not allow much turning space and the long wheelbase makes it hard to maneuver without going over curbs or hitting anything, if youโ€™re F450 has the wide axle it turns tighter which you already know. It still takes more space than the single.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.