cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Evans Console AC main fuse - FIXED

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
Help. Where is the main fuse located for the Evans Console AC unit?

Rig is a Winnebago Vista 2011 F53 chassis. The Ford manual lists fuses for the blower and AC clutch, but not the one that supplies power to the Evans unit itself. Evans mentions a 25A fuse, but not a location.

Thanks.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad
7 REPLIES 7

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
This type problem or any 12 volt problem on a RV. You check EVERY fuse you can find with a voltage checker. RV makers rarely list every fuse that they use for the specific appliance. Of course, you have to know where every fuse distribution box is:B That is also a problem. Doug

MrWizard
nice to hear you found the fix
thanks for posting the fix info and conclusion
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed. Thank goodness for Winnebago Service folks, Winnebago electrical schematics, and Evans Tempcon online troubleshooting documentation.

To summarize, no power to the Evans system. Per the Evans schematics, power is fed from the F53 chassis to the dash selector control, and distributed from there. The big question was: what is the source of power from the Ford F53 chassis? The owners manual is silent on this.

Long story short: Winnebago has taken power from the Power Distribution Box (located on the firewall under the hood) fuse labeled "Blower" (fuse #23, 40 amp), and directs this to a 25 amp breaker inside the cab. This breaker is located in a panel below the inside fuse panel (the fuse panel is located left bottom of the driver's side, by the left foot when driving).

Now the tricky part. The above "Blower" fuse feeds power through the blower relay. A relay has 2 feeds: 1 is to energize the coil in the relay, and 1 is the main power feed. Once power is introduced to the energize the coil, this closes the contacts in the relay so that main power passes to the device fed by the relay. In my case, the ground wire from relay coil became disconnected (I discovered the loose wire behind the speedometer panel after removing the plastic dash cover). Since the relay did not energize, power wouldn't pass from the "Blower" fuse to the Winnebago 25 amp breaker which supplied power to the Evans unit dash panel.

Whew! So, the source of power to the Evans unit is the "Blower" Fuse in the Power Distribution Box. The Ford owners manual does not note this rewiring. The only way to decipher this rewiring by Winnebago would be by investigating the electrical schematics at the Winnebago website.

I will say a big thanks to Winnebago taking the time to respond to my inquiries by email, and posting the Chassis Drawings for my 2011 Winnebago 32K as pdf files on their website. This no doubt saved me a pile of money at a service center.

I post this so others that may have a similar problem will be aided.

Regards.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
Was driving along using dash ac, started blowing HOT air. Temperature dial not working, and blower speed dial not working. When we arrived at campground, only mode selector was working as it directs vacuum to open and close dampers. Blower motor not working. Temperature valve which is an electric actuator, not working. Basically, anything that uses 12v on the Evans unit not working meaning to me no 12v into the unit.

Iโ€™ll dig deeper when we get home. Either breaker bad, wire disconnected (hot or ground), or something in the dash selector unit went bad.

Evans has a good electrical schematic on their website and troubleshooting guides.

Iโ€™ll update once I get home and troubleshoot.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Humm, same basic place as on my Workhorse chassis.

Everything worked save A/C Clutch.. Bad wire
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
So is there power coming out of the breaker. Is there power to the breaker. Bad ground. Had any work done that might have left a wire off.

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
Well, no one responded, but I did get information from Winnebago. The Evans system is powered on this motorhome from a circuit breaker located in the fuse box panel just above the drivers left foot while driving. Sadly the breaker was not tripped so I will have to figure out why there is no power to the unit.

Stay tuned.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad