cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Those with Patios

dkeller
Explorer
Explorer
Question for you if you use your ramp as patio (Party Deck) at the camp site do you find the pull thru sites work better or state your trailer is longer for the back in sites to accommodate the patio or something else?
Wondering as will be first year with it and wife is really looking forward to hanging out on it.

I think I will consider this more of a porch hauler than toy lol.

thanks for your input.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 Diesel
2018 Jayco T32C
Reese Straight-Line trunnion WDH
15 REPLIES 15

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Son is 5 and something from the day before just didn't agree with him. When he woke back up at 10 or so- he felt perfectly fine. Thanks for the kind words.

While the door was down, my daughter did drag her hammock up there to see if it fits!

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

dedmiston
ependydad wrote:
My rear patio is down right now.

But that's because my son threw up at 4:50am this morning and it stinks back there. 😄

Bummer. I have a college aged son too. It's no picnic.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dkeller
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:

But that's because my son threw up at 4:50am this morning and it stinks back there. 😄

Well then guess it has a purpose, good thing you have it then 🙂 hope he is feeling better
2018 Jayco T32C

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Well we have the rear and side patio on ours and have yet to use the rear patio just because the side one is more convenient and opens to the camp area. Not saying we won't ever use it but not so much at this point.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

glazier
Explorer
Explorer
We took ours off. We use our toy hauler to bring our golf cart, once the cart is unloaded the garage becomes a bunk house for my kids. I have my 3 seasons door, railing, and the steps all in storage. I could see the patio being a very nice option for a couple with dogs, but using the garage the way we do it's not practical.
2017 Grand Design Momentum 328M
2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax CC/SB/4X4
B&W Companion Slider

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
Wife loves it - we don’t worry too much about our campsite, if we can use it great, if not is fine too. Just enjoy your not working 🙂

is this Emma Wood? If not where? I've camped there and The Rincon and never found a site so close to sea level.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dkeller
Explorer
Explorer
Good to know, just thought would ask as this is all new to me, and trying to make some good decisions for my first couple reservations with as much knowledge as possible.
2018 Jayco T32C

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
We don't pick spots strictly based on if we can use our patio, but we like to use pull-through sites that are larger than we need if at all possible anyway, so it often works out.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

PhilipB
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our TH about about a year. Lots of our camping has been at dirt bike race sites, so space isn't an issue. The times we've opened ramp at campgrounds hasn't been an issue. If site is smaller, we just unhook truck so camper has more space. We don't have patio system, just screen, but dogs sure like it.
2015 Ram 2500
[purple]2013 Raptor 310TS[/purple]

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We look for campsites without trees behind it so we can lower the deck. At our lake site our deck fits perfectly between 2 trees with about 6" to spare on each side. Love our deck.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
We've used ours as such and never really say anything about it. We always un hitch at sites and our trailer is only 25 something feet.

If you have dogs a great way to contain them is to put a simple XPen around the patio. Ours love to lay out there in the sun!
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

dkeller
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses so I am guessing back-in would be better for a view and pull-thru for unloading and convenience, am I missing anything else? Do you add the extra 10' to your rig so you have the room to put out the patio or go just by your actual size?
2018 Jayco T32C

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
It's really best to tell them what you want and why. We typically go online, look at their site map, and then use Google Earth to look at campsites that might be suitable. While pull thrus make it more hassle free to load and off load toys, you don't typically gets much of a view worth deploying the back deck.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)