cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A/C drain issue

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
My A/C likes to drain water down onto the awning. I'm thinking of adding a "gutter" on the roof to direct the water to either side of the awning. What I'm considering, is using some metal that is used in drop ceilings. The peices that they use to go around the walls are "L" shaped. I'm thinking I could epoxy them to the roof above the awning. Thoughts?
13 REPLIES 13

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you got it done! For others, don't use any drop ceiling brackets. That stuff is the cheapest steel made and will rust instantly.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE: I got a roll of 4" X 50' eternabond tape and some 1/2" nylon rope. I put the rope on the roof and tapered it towards the front and rear. I covered it with the tape. It acts like a dam and directs the water away from the porch area of the RV.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Do not put a piece of steel on your roof to rust, you will regret it. A bead of caulk is all you need.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
ScottG wrote:
First I would make sure the existing gutter is clear and able to do its job.

x2.
There should be gutter between awning and the roof. Clean it.

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:
DROP ONE SIDE OF THE AWNING ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. PROBLEM SOLVED

I do the same thing, sometimes I get lucky and the awning side of the rig is a little higher.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Use the rubber stick on gutter. Quick and easy.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

bshgto1
Explorer
Explorer

Had kinda the same problem but the water ran to the back of the camper and on to our clothesdrying on the close hanger thingy on the ladder, wife was frustrated that the bathing suits and towels would never dry in 90 degree heat at the beach. I just laughed and proceed to fix the problem. I just went to Lowes and bought door air seal in 15 ft. lengths and diverted the A/C water to the other side of the camper. Just clean the roof where you want it to go and just stick it down to the direction you want the water to go run. So far it`s held up to the rigors of highway speeds but if it ever comes off just put down some more, easy and cheap. The wife thinks I moved the sun and the stars and still haven't figured out how I fixed that. I give up on posting pictures it`s so much easier on the other forums.
2018.5 Montana 3791 Rear Den
Electric brakes suck Disk brakes it`s the only way
Andersen Ultimate on the pucks, 5th AirBorne Mor/ryde SRE 4000 X Factors....real smooth ride
2018 Ford F350 Dually 6.7 Top Dog 5595 payload

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:

I push the buttons. The wife decides when it's "level"! LOL

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis Hoppert

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
bead of Dicor
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
First I would make sure the existing gutter is clear and able to do its job.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
First time I've heard of this. I thought most if not all RVs with awnings came with some sort of rain gutter along the roof line to channel the water around the awning.
Your fix sounds like it should work, but I'd add some screws or other fasteners to hold it in place in case the epoxy ever weakens (UV, vibration?) and lets go.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Tip the unit a little (RV) to get the condensate to drain off where you want it too.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB