cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can somebody recommend a really comfortable camp chair?

kabbro
Explorer
Explorer
Like most people here we own or have owned several different kinds of portable folding camp chairs, bag chairs etc...none of them are really comfortable but it hasn't mattered until now. We have downsized to a smaller trailer that has a so-called jackknife sofa which is unbearably uncomfortable and can't be removed. If We could discover a folding chair that is truly comfortable that would solve the problem. We just need something we could sit in for 2 or 3 hours. Note: at this point we are more like "camping in an rv" than rving and that sofa is atrocious...
Kenneth A Bromen

48 REPLIES 48

TxTiger
Explorer
Explorer
The Zero Gravity lounge chairs are awesome as many have mentioned. I have one in my bedroom for watching tv and relaxing and one in the camper.
2000 F250, 7.3 PSD, 6 speed manual, CC, SB
2013 Northstar TC800

lewisr
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
These are the most comfortable bag chair I've found... Sam's Club.

Clicky

These are size of a normal “bag chair” but very comfortable. And not high end on the price. The high back version is even more comfortable, but a bit bulky if you have limited space.
'14 F-150 Super Crew 3.5EB 3.73
'19 Heritage Glen 282RK

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I find a director's chair works best for me. I currently have one I found on clearance at the Coleman outlet store in Wichita that I find comfortable for hours, and one of the arms is a small table with a cup holder.

The old aluminum frame folding lawn chairs with webbing work pretty well until metal fatigue or heavy visitors break them. Similar folding web chairs today are often steel frame (cheaper?) but don't work so well, I feel pressure from the square steel tubing that I didn't feel from large diameter round aluminum tubing.

Bag chairs are a struggle for me, force me into a slouch that hurts my lower back, and they are hard for me to get out of. Kids got me a bag chair with rockers, that helps launch me out of the chair.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
buc1980 wrote:
Lafuma chairs are the best.

Lafuma makes a good chair. If you want to hit a home run on your first try, get a Lounge Lizard from Travel Chair. Not cheap, they'll set you back about a buck-fifty per.

Yes, they look like the $49 and $79 chairs. Trust me, they're not the same.

Ours are going on 14 years old.

LOUNGE LIZARD RV CHAIR
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
buc1980 wrote:

Lafuma makes a good chair. If you want to hit a home run on your first try, get a Lounge Lizard from Travel Chair. Not cheap, they'll set you back about a buck-fifty per.

Ours are going on 14 years.

LOUNGE LIZARD RV CHAIR
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
These are the most comfortable bag chair I've found... Sam's Club.

Clicky

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
We've got at least a dozen different kinds of beach-lawn-patio chairs, folding and not. The ones we find most comfortable are virtually identical to the pic. Relatively inexpensive plastic so if they walk away on us, get wrecked in a storm or whatever, there's no great monetary loss. We'll sit in them on the lake shore, fishing, all day long. Or hours around the nighttime campfire.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
My FAVORITE chairs are the "director chairs" - they sit you bolt upright, but don't have bars that hit you in the wrong places. Perfect for holding a dinner plate in your lap if need be. Unfortunately, they don't fold into a bundle like "bag chairs" do. I have a couple of "bar height" director's chairs that we use at the dragrace track - the higher seating lets us see over (as opposing to through) the chainlink fence along our pit space.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
theoldwizard1 wrote:
jim1521 wrote:
Look into a Zero Gravity Chair. Amazingly comfortable.

You can get knock-offs at Costco or Sam's Club for about 1/2 of that price. I have almost worn mine out !

Bonus - They fold down quite flat !

This ^^^^^

Similar type chairs are readily available at a variety of sources. Mine are brown, have the same weight capacity of 350lbs and are supremely comfortable. We sit outside in them for extended periods of time without issues. And I have back/hip/leg problems, but they are not affected. Agree they fold quite flat, not much room taken to store them. I've had them for at least 5 years and still look like new, no rips, tears, or sags.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Everyone has different preferences. Some chairs do not work on my back. The best solution is to go to a store with lots of chairs and sit in a few. Find one you like and sit in it for at least 20 minutes. Bring a book, hang out, then you will have the right chair for you.

TCINTN
Explorer
Explorer

JohnyWalter
Explorer
Explorer
Ink Craft Hi-Back Gamer Bean Bag Chair
I know this is not traditional for a camping. But do not care.We bought three of these bag chairs. As for me, a very cheap price. Very comfortable and soft.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0716T
Under this chair is a rubber sole, which could be put on the wet ground.

jim1521
Explorer
Explorer
irishtom29 wrote:
I can not recommend a comfortable chair because comfort is subjective. A chair that’s comfortable to me might be torturous to the OP. This kind of thing is futile.

If you couldn't recommend a comfortable chair, why did you even bother responding to this thread? The guy didn't ask for opinions on the definition of "comfortable". He asked for recommendations on chairs.