cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

P/N of Serpentine Belt ?

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2007 Winn Voyage. It is on a Workhorse chassis. It has the 8.1L gas V8 engine. I must replace the a/c compressor and want to change the serpentine belt while I have it off. How do I determine the p/n to buy a new belt? Any suggestions? Is there a parts break out reference somewhere?
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
9 REPLIES 9

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
Hank MI wrote:
You can go to an auto parts store and get a cheap belt or you can get a good belt. I ordered some belts for our previous MH, Chevy 454. The old belts I took off looked better than the new ones they showed me at the auto parts store. I said no thanks, order the better belts.

For the 8.1L on a W series chassis.

Gates belt K061080
Gates idler pulley 38006
Gates tensioner pulley 36299

Thank you for the p/n info above, but when I go the Gates website it does not find K061080 ??
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
You can go to an auto parts store and get a cheap belt or you can get a good belt. I ordered some belts for our previous MH, Chevy 454. The old belts I took off looked better than the new ones they showed me at the auto parts store. I said no thanks, order the better belts.

For the 8.1L on a W series chassis.

Gates belt K061080
Gates idler pulley 38006
Gates tensioner pulley 36299

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
TC&Z wrote:
We have a 2007 Winn Voyage. It is on a Workhorse chassis. It has the 8.1L gas V8 engine. I must replace the a/c compressor and want to change the serpentine belt while I have it off. How do I determine the p/n to buy a new belt? Any suggestions? Is there a parts break out reference somewhere?

Why not just take the old belt in to a parts store and have them cross reference and match it up. Or you could just write down all the numbers for them or go online for a match of whatever brand you might choose.
Be sure to keep your old one for a spare in a pinch and one that you know will fit.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

23hotrodr
Explorer
Explorer
It takes the 108" belt. There is a definite difference in brands. I have not had good luck with the NAPA belt in this application. Got one from Continental last time and it is a lot better than the NAPA.

As a tip-- I find it very difficult to use a wrench on the tensioner while replacing the belt. So, I use a ratchet strap from the arm on the tensioner to a frame or suspension point down low on the passenger side.

Good luck-- Mick
2007 Itasca Suncruiser 35L
2000 Jeep Wrangler

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
Side Note: The belt tensioner on the 8.1 Chevy motors were known to have issues and make noise. They're cheap and I would replace the tensioner when you change the belt, especially since it's 11 years old.

I've replaced two noisy tensioners.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Side Note: The belt tensioner on the 8.1 Chevy motors were known to have issues and make noise. They're cheap and I would replace the tensioner when you change the belt, especially since it's 11 years old.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
napa belt is a 25-061080 gates belt is ko61080

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If it is on the W chassis, it is the 108" long belt. If on the P chassis I believe it is 102". W gets the longer belt, P the shorter.