cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 Thor Challenger 37KT Inverter

twmarshall
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a picture of the Inverter location on a 2013 Thor Challenger 37KT? My outlets running through the inverter will not work with shore power, only run for a minute on inverter. Power is coming from the 120 breaker, the outlets power up for a minute with the inverter remote on but then loose power (remote light stays on), the batteries are charged (12.86 VDC) and the converter is putting out 13.46 VDC). I need to check the AC power at the Inverter but canโ€™t find the **** thing. Iโ€™ve looked in the cargo compartments, at the batteries, and behind the fireplace...
4 REPLIES 4

twmarshall
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. The tip of under the nightstand led me to see the telephone wire that connects the remote to the inverter, that led me to a false compartment under the head of the bed where I finally found the inverter with a tripped breaker and the transfer switch. Problem solved!

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
Ck under the draw in the night stand closest to the bathroom
2009 Challenger

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
A few places to look, many RV's that place the inverter inside the coach use a screen or lovers to allow cooling. Look for a place inside the coach that is not an accessible cabinet, but has a vented or louvered door.

On my coach, the inverter is mounted to the ceiling in the main bay, hard to see.

Lastly, many manufacturers mount their inverters very close to the house batteries, as they need large 12 volt cables that are expensive to run.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

MrWizard
A little thought invoking process

Where is the breaker panel

Where is the first outlet that does not work, aka closes to the breaker panel

Your inverter is some where between those two points,

Perhaps hidden behind a cabinet wall, or behind the breaker panel
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service