cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interior mods

Old_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone. I have another question. Yes, another one. I never said I wasn't a moron. Have any of you done a fair amount of interior mods in your rigs? I'll be setting up the coach for three cats and the two human slaves. I have done a lot of looking at classified ad pictures and every time I see one of those bench dinettes or the chair behind the passenger seat, I just think, "Get it out of there." So much wasted space. At least to me.

We value space for things we'll use more than 10 minutes per day.

Also will be selling the Onan generator. Anyone who's read my BS knows I don't want an Onan, I don't like them. I'll get a used Honda 2000 with the money, and of course, my beastly solar system.

I'll also get rid of any carpet covering the hardwood. Gotta have space for the kitties to slip and slide and go nuts. VERY important.

Aside from the weight savings (always a plus), I'll sell the stuff I yank out for whatever it'll fetch. Don't know if I'll have enough for an extra LiFePo4 battery downstairs, but I'm hoping so.
2 REPLIES 2

Old_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Yes, many here have done major modifications and there is no reason you cannot. One issue you might encounter is some manufacturers put plumbing for heat and or water under the benches so simply removing them is not always an option. We removed a table with free standing chairs and installed a bar top with 2 stools opening up the kitchen and still allowing 2 of us to eat at a table and now we have an excellent view out the window as an added benefit. We have removed a sofa and installed a fireplace/ TV stand that we use for storage and a desktop. Many other small modifications but it you can built it/buy it, you can do it!
Truth be told, if there isn't plumbing to consider, I'd leave all that space empty so I can use it for storing specific things. Not even sure what, but I know I can sell the benches. I think I can sell the Onan and the chair. Pretty much willing to take any offer. Low expectations lead to fewer disappointments

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, many here have done major modifications and there is no reason you cannot. One issue you might encounter is some manufacturers put plumbing for heat and or water under the benches so simply removing them is not always an option. We removed a table with free standing chairs and installed a bar top with 2 stools opening up the kitchen and still allowing 2 of us to eat at a table and now we have an excellent view out the window as an added benefit. We have removed a sofa and installed a fireplace/ TV stand that we use for storage and a desktop. Many other small modifications but it you can built it/buy it, you can do it!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?