cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Storing a pop up question

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
I will be storing a pop up for a long period of time in a barn that has open doors and open windows on one side.
Should it be set up or folded up with the cover down ?

Jack L
Jack & Nanci
6 REPLIES 6

Stumps
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with keeping it closed - you keeping it dry, which is the biggest issue with storing a popup. you should be fine. when stored for long periods I would keep a few dehumidifying canisters on the floor and just be sure all food, etc. is out of it. mice can get into a popup pretty easily, but as long as there's not a reason for them to go in you're better off.
popups sold. searching for my next camper

Bmach
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep it closed and make sure there are no opening that mice or other critters can use to enter it.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
I always stored ours closed over the winter in a similar covered scenario. Make sure there's no food or anything else attractive to critters inside.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Keep it closed up and open once in a while for a day or 2 to air out if you don't use it for an extended period. If left open in your barn, the open windows and doors on the barn will allow dust, dirt and pollen to blow in and accumulate on the fabric and through the screens. Not to mention birds perching on top of tent material along with the associated mess. Did I forget to mention mice dropping off the rafters and making or finding a way in through the fabric especially where it wraps around the bunk edges. Don't forget to mouse proof the underside.

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Beer Belly wrote:
Good question. I'd be tempted to leave it open, put supports up to help with the weight of the roof....at least this way you can keep an eye on it for critters. Does the Barn have power ?....maybe one of those plug in sonic critter repellent things also

I was thinking on the same line as you for that same reason, but just not sure if there is a right way or a wrong way.

No, no power

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
Good question. I'd be tempted to leave it open, put supports up to help with the weight of the roof....at least this way you can keep an eye on it for critters. Does the Barn have power ?....maybe one of those plug in sonic critter repellent things also
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"